Business Summary: Effective FY18 - 7/1/17, Revised 7/25/17
The Desktop Bundle provides a base-level (standard) desktop computer, keyboard and mouse, plus workstation support for State of Minnesota agency partners. Standard desktops are selected from the list of Enterprise Standard devices adopted by Minnesota IT Services. Upgrade options are available to meet business needs. There is a one-time charge at the time of purchase for optional upgrades (listed below). Monthly bundle rates will remain the same, no matter which upgrades you choose.
Monitors are not included in Desktop Bundles. If you need one or more monitors, you must use the partner agency’s normal purchasing process.
Bundles are billed at monthly intervals. Billing is based on the number of individual bundles you purchase for your agency.
- If you purchase a Desktop Bundle, you must also purchase an Enterprise Software Bundle.
Refresh Cycles (Computer Replacement)
As of July 1, 2017, agency partners have chosen one of the following refresh cycles for all desktop bundles at their agency (so they are all replaced with the same frequency):
- Standard Desktop Bundles: We will replace your computer every five years, unless you request a shorter replacement cycle.
- Shorter two-, three-, or four-year refresh cycles are optional upgrades. An additional one-time charge will apply. See Upgrade Options for details.
- Longer refresh cycles are not available.
We understand that situations and circumstances change over time. If you need to change to a different refresh cycle or need early replacement for individual desktops, please contact Client Relations.
Services and Rates
All standard Desktop Bundles include the following:
- Standard desktop, keyboard and mouse, replaced every five years.
- Workstation management and protection package: antivirus, firewalls, security patching and encryption.
- Workstation support, including remote desktop and deskside support.
- Inventory management of hardware and software.
Rates and Ordering Information
|701-Desktop - Standard Desktop Bundle
Your agency may have specific business needs that require an upgrade to the Standard Bundle. There is a one-time charge per bundle for each upgrade option you select. All monthly per bundle rates stay the same as those shown above for standard bundles. The following optional upgrades are available:
- Performance-upgraded desktop:
- Your agency can request any number of desktops with upgraded performance.
- You will be billed a one-time charge for each upgraded desktop. This charge equals the difference between the cost of the standard desktop and the cost of the performance-upgraded desktop.
- Memory upgrade:
- Your agency can request memory upgrades for any number of desktops.
- You will be billed a one-time charge for the cost of the additional memory.
- Shorter Refresh Cycles (Desktop Replacement):
- Two-, three-, or four-year refresh cycles are available for an additional one-time charge.
- The one-time charge equals the amount of required to buy out the remaining term of that device.
- For example: if a computer was replaced after three years instead of five years, the one-time charge would equal the amount needed to buy out the remaining two years.
Other Items You May Need
Some equipment you may need is not available from MNIT, and is not included in our rates. You must purchase the following items through your agency’s normal purchasing process:
- All Monitor(s)
- Web cam (required to use all of the functionality of Skype for Business)
- Local printer, if needed
- Non-standard keyboard and mouse (ergonomic or wireless)
- Programmable keyboard