Get Staff (SITE)
Seeking IT Expertise, known as the SITE Program, provides a streamlined approach for state agencies and other governmental units to secure highly-skilled IT-related professional contractors and consultants. MNIT manages the contracting and approval process for our customers so they can get consultants on board fast. This program is effective from 4/16/2014 to 4/15/2019. SITE is managed jointly by the Minnesota Department of Administration and Minnesota IT Services.
Who can use SITE?
This program is available for use by State of Minnesota executive branch state agencies along with other government units eligible under the States cooperative purchasing venture (CPV) established pursuant to Minnesota Statutes 16C.03, subdivision 10. Entities other than executive branch state agencies must apply to participate in the CPV program prior to utilizing this program if the organization is not already a member. Membership is free! Once you have determined the category under which your organization is eligible, fill out and send the CPV Subscription Form. A membership permit number and security access code for the CPV program will be sent to you following receipt of your application.
Features and Benefits
- Advantageous State contract pricing
- Can be used for work up to $2,000,000
- Choose from 17 IT job categories and about 200 vendors
- Expedited contracts and approvals
- No need for a formal RFP or informal solicitation
- Vendors are prescreened
- MNIT monitors vendor insurance compliance
The request and approval process starts with submission of required documentation. Reviews and approvals are managed jointly by Minnesota IT Services and the Materials and Management Division (MMD).
Vendor selection methods:
- $0 - $25,000 uses the Direct Selection (DS) method: This method allows for direct selection of a vendor. Please review the list of eligible vendors to determine which one will best meet your need.
- $25,001 - $100,000 uses the Select 5 (SF) method: In this method, five vendors will compete, allowing you to find the best value for your organization.Please review the list of eligible vendors to determine which ones may best meet your need.
- $100,001 - $2M uses the Request for Offer (RFO) method: In this method, an RFO is posted for eligible vendors to respond.
The process for using this program is different for executive branch (state government) agencies and non-executive branch CPV members. The links below will provide instructions for your organization. If you have questions, contact the MNIT team.
Executive branch agencies
- Contact email@example.com to begin processing a SITE request.
- Fill out the SITE forms and a CPRS request.
- MNIT will send the request to the identified vendors.
- MNIT will evaluate responses received from vendors and conduct interviews, if required.
- MNIT will prepare a work order contract for signature by the selected vendor and MNIT.
- MNIT will obtain required signatures and then work may begin.
Non-executive branch CPV members
- Make sure you are eligible to use the program. First, you must be a Minnesota state agency or a member of the state’s cooperative purchasing venture (CPV) program found on the Department of Administration's Materials and Management Division website.
- To begin, you will need your verification code. If you do not know your code, please see the list of organization contacts for help.
- Once you have determined which vendor selection methods listed above fits your project, complete the required form(s):
- Direct Select Requests: Certification Cover Sheet, Direct Select Request (online form), Work Order Form
- Select Five Requests: Certification Cover Sheet, Select Five Request (online form), Work Order Form
- Request for Offers (RFO): Certification Form, RFO Template, RFO Addendum Template, Work Order Form
- All forms should be submitted on-line (where applicable) or sent to MNIT.SITE@state.mn.us.
- Note: By statute, within 30 days of completion of any work order that exceeds $25,000, the government entity or other CPV member must fill out and submit a Contractor Evaluation form.