Database Developers / Administrators
A Database Developer/Administrator is responsible for the installation, configuration, upgrade, administration, monitoring and maintenance of databases in an organization. This includes the development and design of database strategies, system monitoring and improving database performance and capacity, and planning for future expansion requirements. It may also include planning, coordinating and implementing security measures to safeguard the database.
Maximum Hourly Rate: $102.00 / hr.
Information to Remember:
- Vendors may submit candidates with a lower hourly rate. Cost makes up 30% of the total score for proposed candidates.
- You can only select a single candidate for each request, regardless of dollar amount and/or the number of vendors you advertise to.
- The dollar amount of your contract will determine the number of vendors you are required to advertise to and the number of resumes you may request for review.
- Contracts $100,000 or under:
- Option A: You must select only one vendor, and will receive one resume to review.
- Option B: You may select up to five vendors and request up to three resumes from each vendor.
- Contracts over $100,000
- Option C: You must advertise to a least five vendors. You may select up to three resumes from each vendor.
Minimum Program Requirements
The vendors shown below offer resources that meet these minimum requirements:
- B.E. or B.S. Degree with two years of experience in a Database Developer/Administrator role, or Associate Degree (2 yrs) with 5 years Database Developer/Administrator experience
- Three engagements lasting more than six months in a relevant Database Developer/Administrator role
- Three engagements that the Database Developer/Administrator role exceeded $150,000
- Certification in the relational database management system (RDBMS) included in the engagement description:
- Microsoft SQL Server: Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD)
- Oracle Database: Oracle Certified Professional
- IBM DB2: IBM Certified Solution Developer - DB2
- Server installation and upgrade support
- Modifying database structures
- Database theories, principles and practices
- Server-client computing & relational database environments (architecture, application development and operations)
- Data management & data processing flowcharting techniques
- Reporting and query tools & practices
- System security (enrolling users and maintaining system security)
- Vendor license compliance
- User access
- Backup and recovery
- Archived data maintenance
the following roles are available for Database Developers and Administrators. Please include the desired role in your request:
- Database Developer
- IBM DB2 (DBA)
- Microsoft SQL Server (DBA)
- Oracle Database (DBA)
Vendors that offer Enterprise Architect candidates: