Service information for FY 20/21.
Web Management services offered by MNIT include website development, design, hosting, search, and support. This page describes the services and features that are included with the Web Management services.
Web Management provides services related to the development of websites, including the website environment, website development and design, mechanisms to manage web content, and search platform and customization. The dynamic web content management system (WCMS) supported is currently SDL Web (Tridion), but may include other specific vendor platforms in the future. The tools used for quality assurance and analytics are limited to those supported by the Web Management team.
- Billing details: All services are billed at monthly intervals. Billing is based on storage.
- Choosing the right service: Agency partners should purchase the size appropriate to their website size requirements. MNIT will assist in determining the size needed to support the website capacity (see details in the Rates and Ordering Information section)
- Service Agreements: A service agreement is required for one-time professional services charges on website development, design, content migration, search customization, and any further customizations. These costs are separate from the monthly hosting costs.
Services and Rates
SDL Web (Tridion) and Search
- Robust WCMS – MN.gov portal, Governor’s website, 70 more sites currently supported, with capacity for hundreds more
- Both staging and live publishing environments
- Multiple templates and page types for flexibility
- Continual updates and enhancements, reviewed by agency advisory group
- On-going training and user group meetings on a monthly basis
- Capability to easily update or change branding
- One of the top-ranked WCMS in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant – Leader’s quadrant
- High-availability environment – redundancy, failover, and recovery mechanisms on CMS and delivery sides
- Accessibility – templates that meet WCAG 2.0 and ARIA accessibility standards
- Responsive design – templates are fully functional and adaptive to all mobile or desktop devices
- Search platform – robust customizable website and document search platform
- Support – provided locally; no need to contact outside support or vendor for incidents and requests
- Health monitoring – minimum of 99.9% application uptime outside of maintenance windows
The following optional services are available, but are not included in the base Web Management services.
- Quality Assurance website tool
- Includes scheduled or on-demand reporting of accessibility, link checking and spellcheck
- Web Analytics
- Advanced website statistics including user journeys, conversion rates and A/B testing;
- Visualization of users’ clicks and scrolls with heat maps;
- Priority pages, referral paths and demographics of users;
- Feedback mechanism, create workflows and respond to users in real time
A service agreement is required for one-time professional services charges for website development, design, content migration, search customization, and any further customizations. These costs are separate from the monthly hosting costs. Professional Services available include:
- Initial environment configuration
- Branding and design, within enterprise templates
- Information architecture and taxonomies
- WCMS training and support
- Content management
- Customized configuration of search capability and tuning
- Customized templates for the agency website
- Customized configuration of analytics tracking codes
- Workflow configuration
- Loosely coupled integration of existing applications
- Presentation of cloud services via website pages