Service information for FY 20/21.
Middleware programs manage communication between applications where needed, and provide the services that enable concurrency, transaction management, threading, and messaging between applications. Middleware sits between the operating system and applications on different servers and simplifies the development of applications that leverage services from other applications and databases.
Middleware services support includes installation, administration, backup configuration and recovery assistance, performance tuning of web servers and/or application server’s middleware instance(s). Services also include Middleware technical support, software license, annual software maintenance, routine software upgrades, maintenance, patching, service coordination, role based access security, product life cycle management, environment management, capacity management and 24x7support for the production middleware infrastructure.
- Billing details: Middleware services are billed monthly per middleware instance.
- Middleware requirements definition: MNIT agency-based application development staff are responsible for defining Middleware requirements for the application.
- Operational support: MNIT Enterprise Middleware staff are responsible for the design, build, configuration and all operational aspects of the Middleware software for the identified requirements.
Services and Rates
Middleware service is available in Tier 1 and Tier 2 options. Note: Monthly server/VM charges (see Hosting) are not included in the Middleware monthly instance charge.
Tier 1 represents complex Middleware instances (e.g., WebSphere, JBoss and WebLogic servers) which may have one or more of the following:
- An application server to process complex business transactions
- Advanced message queue systems (MQS) to mainly interchange asynchronous messages between applications
- Enterprise service bus (ESB) to integrate services between multiple transaction systems to guarantee data consistency involved in the same business operation, such as database management systems.
- Tier 1 Middleware instance rate includes:
- Middleware software license and software installation
- Implementation and design assistance
- Middleware instance support: Administration, and ongoing support for deployments, administration tools, monitoring, maintenance and patching, service coordination, role-based access security, upgrades, backup configuration and recovery procedures
- Shared platforms for Apache Web Request services
- Annual software maintenance
Tier 2 represents a simple Middleware instance which consists of a stand-alone Web server (e.g., Industry examples are Apache webservers and IIS web servers.)