Service information for FY 20/21.
Electronic Document Management System (EDMS)
The electronic document management system (EDMS) includes tools that enable the scanning of paper documents and capture of documents already in an electronic format (faxes, Word documents, PDFs, and more) for scalable storage, quick retrieval, standardized workflow routing, powerful searching, flexible access, backup/archiving options and final disposition. The system has strong security management capabilities based on customizable user permissions. This service meets most document management needs for Human Resources, finance, procurement, purchasing, licensing, contracting and case management.
Agency partners pair EDMS with existing or new storage to make a complete document management system. The EDMS services team will:
- Work with agency partners to develop an agency-specific solution and assist in evaluating value compared to the existing workflow
- On-board new agency partners
- Maintain the EDMS environment, including evaluating and implementing software updates and patches as appropriate
- Coordinate and support connectivity to storage
- Build and adjust workflows to enhance business benefit
- Provide trained, expert management of the system
- Provide support and training to super-users
- Provide second level support and training to users
- Billing details: Billing is based per user and billed at monthly intervals. User accounts cannot be shared with multiple individuals.
- Storage: Storage is not included in the service. EDMS staff will work with agency partners to determine the best approach that may include existing storage, new storage, or a combination.
- Owners: Each agency is responsible for designating an owner for each document class in the EDMS. Owners will be provided training from the EDMS team, and are responsible for their content throughout the document lifecycle (creation through disposal). EDMS provides services to facilitate this lifecycle.
- Super-users: Each agency is responsible for designating a super-user to coordinate EDMS users within the agency, provide first-level basic support, and be a contact for the EDMS services team.
- Getting started: MNIT EDMS experts will review agency partner objectives to determine initial and ongoing needs, including workflows, users, and storage requirements, and to develop a transition plan.
Services and Rates
Billing is based per individual user. All billing is at monthly intervals.
What is not included?
- Storage for EDMS documents
- Peripheral devices including user computers, scanners, faxes/faxing services, and related LAN and WAN connectivity
- New workflows that require a substantial amount of development effort