Senior Management Consultant
Charlie Petersen joined MAD in 1990 after moving to Minnesota from Nebraska where he worked for nine years as a research analyst for the Nebraska legislature.
Charlie’s areas of expertise include strategic planning, organizational development, facilitation, management development, leadership training and performance measurement. He also has special expertise in quantitative research and organizational theory and is skilled in legal and legislative research.
Some of Charlie’s specific projects include:
- Facilitated the Citizen Advisory Committee (CAC) for the Generic Environmental Impact Statement (GEIS) on Animal Agriculture for the Environmental Quality Board
- Facilitated the Ad Hoc Wireless 911 Taskforce to develop criteria for enhanced wireless 911 service and facilitated the drafting of model contract language currently used for wireless911 service
- Designed and facilitated a process for the selection and distribution of $1 million in Supplemental Environmental Projects that Koch Refinery agreed to undertake as a settlement in an enforcement action with the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency
- Designed and facilitated a strategic planning effort with the Minnesota Housing Finance Agency, Multifamily Division to focus limited division resources on key components of its operation to achieve critical outcomes
- Designed and conducted the Effective Leadership Course and Performance Measurement Course for Management Analysis and Development
Charlie has a Master’s in Public Administration (MPA) from the University of Nebraska, Omaha. He also has a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration from the University of Nebraska, Lincoln.
Since coming to Minnesota in 1989, he has been involved in several community leadership activities in the areas of community development and educational leadership.