Pursuant to MN Statute Section 16A.057, Subdivision 8, the head of each executive agency is responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining an effective internal control system within the agency to:
- Safeguard public funds and assets and minimize incidences of fraud, waste, and abuse;
- Ensure that programs are administered in compliance with federal and state laws and rules; and
- Require documentation of internal control procedures over financial management activities, provide for analysis of risks, and provide for periodic evaluation of control procedures to satisfy that these procedures are adequately designed, properly implemented, and functioning effectively.
Executive agency heads must annually certify that they have reviewed their agency's internal control systems and that these systems are in compliance with standards and policies established by MMB. The agency head must submit the signed certification form to MMB by July 31 of each year.
Agency Internal Control System Certification:
2018 Internal Control System Certification Resources:
- New Control Environment Procedure coming soon!
- New Risk Assessment Procedure & Resources coming soon!