Star of the North Fellowship Program
The State of Minnesota is proud to continue partnership with Star of North Fellowship, Right Track (St. Paul), STEP-UP Achieve and Urban Scholar (Minneapolis) – some of the Twin Cities premier youth employment and intern programs. Star of the North is a fellowship program offered by the State of Minnesota. It is open to applicants who have earned or will soon earn advanced degrees, and who demonstrate an interest in a career in public service.
Apply to the Star of the North Fellowship Program
You can apply for positions within Star of the North Fellowship Program through our Online Job Application System. The application process for the Star of the North Fellowship opens on February 2, 2017 and closes 11:59 p.m. on April 4, 2017. Fellowship begins on or around July 3, 2017.
- Upload your resume and complete the online application for the Star of the North Fellowship enter Job posting 11148 in the search.
- Copy/paste a cover letter in the online application.
- Be sure to include in your cover letter why you are interested in a career in public service.
- Email two letters of recommendation to StaroftheNorthFellowship.MMB@state.mn.us by Tuesday, April 4, 2017.
- Must be enrolled in and in good standing at an accredited graduate program or law school, with degree completion anticipated prior to July 3, 2017; or,
- Must be a recent graduate of an advanced degree program with a degree conferred in 2015, 2016 or by July 3, 2017;
- Must be authorized to work in the United States; and
- Must be prepared to participate on a full-time basis (40 hours per week) for one year beginning July 3, 2017.
For program-related questions, contact Tesa Johnson, Special Programs Coordinator at email@example.com or 651-259-3639.
You can find more information on fellowship opportunities on the Available Positions page.