Star of the North Fellowship Program
The State of Minnesota is proud to continue partnership with Star of North Fellowship, Right Track (St. Paul), STEP-UP Achieve and Urban Scholar (Minneapolis) – some of the Twin Cities premier youth employment and intern programs. Star of the North is a fellowship program offered by the State of Minnesota. It is open to applicants who have earned or will soon earn advanced degrees, and who demonstrate an interest in a career in public service.
Apply to the Star of the North Fellowship Program
Opens Friday, March 15th !
You can apply for positions within Star of the North Fellowship Program through our Online Job Application System. The application process for the Star of the North Fellowship opens on March 15, 2019 and closes 11:59 p.m. on April 26, 2019. Fellowship begins on or around July 3, 2019.
See available positions when they are posted. A current list of positions for 2019 is now available for review.
- Upload your resume and complete the online application for the Star of the North Fellowship enter Job posting 31128 in the search through our Online Job Application System.
- Copy/paste a cover letter in the online application.
- Be sure to include in your cover letter why you are interested in a career in public service.
- Email two letters of recommendation to StaroftheNorthFellowship.MMB@state.mn.us by Friday, April 26, 2019.
- Must be enrolled in and in good standing at an accredited graduate program or law school, with degree completion anticipated prior to July 3, 2019; or,
- Must be a recent graduate of an advanced degree program with a degree conferred in 2017, 2018 or by July 3, 2019;
- Must be authorized to work in the United States; and
- Must be prepared to participate on a full-time basis (40 hours per week) for one year beginning July 3, 2019.
For program-related questions, contact Statewide Talent Pipeline Coordinator at StaroftheNorthFellowship.MMB@state.mn.us.
Questions about the fellowship program should be submitted by email to StaroftheNorthFellowship.MMB@state.mn.us.