The budget authority option for all Budget Period 2018 non-federal appropriations that were granted cash flow assistance was changed from “G” (obligate and spend the greater of actual or estimated receipts) to “E” (authority to obligate estimated receipts and spend only actual receipts) on Wednesday, December 19th.
Help Desk Hot Topics feature Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) answered by the SWIFT Help Desk. Use these as a friendly reminder of a process or as an opportunity to learn something new!
Q: The buyer on the purchase order (PO) is out of the office, but the PO requires a change. What can an agency do to make this change and approve the PO?
If you do not follow the steps in this order, you will not be able to change the buyer.
- Step 1: Access the PO in SWIFT.
- Step 2: Click the Change Order icon on the PO Header.
- Step 3: Make sure to update the Buyer field first.
- Step 4: Click Save. You may get a message that the defaults will switch to those of the updated buyer. Click OK to change the buyer. You will also be changing the Location, if different than your default, which affects the tax rate. Click Cancel to update the buyer, but leave the defaults and Location as previously set up.
- Step 5: Update the necessary fields on the PO.
- Step 6: Click Save. Depending on the change (such as increasing the amount), SWIFT may restart the workflow. Depending on the change, it may require a Budget Check and an Approval.
- Step 7: Dispatch the PO.
- Step 8: Click the View Approval links at bottom of PO page to verify that it routed to the new buyer correctly.
For additional information about updating the buyer on a purchase order, both planned or in case of an absence, see the Set up Temporary Approvers for Purchase Orders
SWIFT Help Desk
Contact the SWIFT Help Desk for any questions, concerns or issues you have with SWIFT:
651-201-8100, option 2 or by email SWIFTHelpDesk.MMB@state.mn.us
Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday; closed holidays.
When emailing the SWIFT Help Desk, be sure to include all details regarding the issue. Information to include with your message:
- Issue Description
- Business Unit
- Module (Accounts Payable, Purchase Orders, etc.)
- Transaction ID (Voucher ID, PO ID, etc.)
- Error Message Print Screen
Additional assistance can be found on the SWIFT Reference Guide page.
To find SWIFT training, open Employee Self-Service and select the Learning folder. Then, search the Catalog using the keyword “SWIFT” to find and enroll in classes currently scheduled. Classes are free of charge and open to everyone.
SWIFT Update Mailing List
The SWIFT Update is sent to the SWIFT Newsletter subscription list. Use the links at the bottom of the page to subscribe or unsubscribe to the SWIFT Newsletter subscription list.
Printing the SWIFT Update
If you are experiencing issues printing this update, download a PDF version and print that version