SWIFT Update December 19, 2019
How to Turn Off Screen Reader Mode
One of the new features in the SWIFT limited upgrade is the ability to easily turn on the screen reader mode from the Sign In page. If you turned it on and wish to turn it off, here are the steps.
Step One: Select a browser.
Step Two: Sign in and update your preferences.
- Use Firefox or Google Chrome. Do not use Internet Explorer because the drop down menus do not work well for this process.
- Access the Administrative Portal and sign in.
- On My Homepage, select the Actions List icon, the triple dot icon in the upper right corner.
- Select My Preferences.
- SWIFT opens up the General Settings page, set the Accessibility Layout field to “Screen reader mode off.”
- Select the Save button on the top of the page.
- Sign out of the Administrative Portal.
- Then, sign in again.
Help Desk Hot Topics
Help Desk Hot Topics feature Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) answered by the SWIFT Help Desk. Use these as a friendly reminder of a process or as an opportunity to learn something new!
Q. How do I approve transactions in SWIFT?
A. Due to the limited upgrade, the Approvals tile replaced the Worklist used in the prior version of SWIFT. This upgrade will not affect how most approval processes are completed.
- Approvers can start the approval process by navigating to this the Approvals tile on their My Homepage.
- Approvers can also review notifications about approvals by using the Notifications top-bar flag icon.
For more information, review the Overview of Changes in Approvals
SWIFT Help Desk
- Contact the SWIFT Help Desk for any questions, concerns or issues you have with SWIFT:
651-201-8100, option 2 or by email SWIFTHelpDesk.MMB@state.mn.us
- Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday; closed holidays.
- When emailing the SWIFT Help Desk, be sure to include all details regarding the issue. Information to include with your message:
- Issue Description
- Business Unit
- Module (Accounts Payable, Purchase Orders, etc.)
- Transaction ID (Voucher ID, PO ID, etc.)
- Error Message Print Screen
- Additional assistance can be found on the SWIFT Reference Guide page.
SWIFT Update Mailing List
- The SWIFT Update is sent to the SWIFT Newsletter subscription list. Use the links at the bottom of the page to subscribe or unsubscribe to the SWIFT Newsletter subscription list.
Printing the SWIFT Update
- If you are experiencing issues printing this update, download a PDF version and print that version