SWIFT Update December 5, 2019
Successful SWIFT Limited Upgrade Update
A successful upgrade for SWIFT was implemented last weekend. Thanks to everyone for making the limited upgrade project a great success!
If you have questions about changes in modules that you work on, please review the Overview of Changes guides.
Help Desk Hot Topics
Help Desk Hot Topics feature Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) answered by the SWIFT Help Desk. Use these as a friendly reminder of a process or as an opportunity to learn something new!
Q. How can I find the Query Viewer?
A. You can find the Query Viewer in several ways. You can find it using the Nav Bar icon and the Need Help button.
Access the Query Viewer from Nav Bar icon on the top menu of every page in SWIFT.
Then, follow the navigation path.
Access the Query Viewer from the Need Help button in a module.
When you are inside of a module, select the Need Help button. SWIFT opens up a separate window. Scroll past Quick Reference Guides and select Common Utilities to open links to reporting tools. Reporting tools include Process Monitor, Query Viewer, and Report Manager. Once you are done, select the Need Help button again to close the window.
View the Query Basics reference guide for more information.
Strategic Sourcing SWIFT Update Overview Class/Lab
There are some openings in the Strategic Sourcing SWIFT Update Overview class/lab. Staff will learn about the enhancements to the Strategic Sourcing module due to SWIFT's Limited Upgrade project. It is also a lab.
Enroll in this training by opening Employee Self-Service and selecting the Enterprise Learning Management (ELM) folder. On the Find Learning section, enter the keyword “SWIFT” and select Search.
SWIFT Help Desk
- Contact the SWIFT Help Desk for any questions, concerns or issues you have with SWIFT:
651-201-8100, option 2 or by email SWIFTHelpDesk.MMB@state.mn.us
- Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday; closed holidays.
- When emailing the SWIFT Help Desk, be sure to include all details regarding the issue. Information to include with your message:
- Issue Description
- Business Unit
- Module (Accounts Payable, Purchase Orders, etc.)
- Transaction ID (Voucher ID, PO ID, etc.)
- Error Message Print Screen
- Additional assistance can be found on the SWIFT Reference Guide page.
SWIFT Update Mailing List
- The SWIFT Update is sent to the SWIFT Newsletter subscription list. Use the links at the bottom of the page to subscribe or unsubscribe to the SWIFT Newsletter subscription list.
Printing the SWIFT Update
- If you are experiencing issues printing this update, download a PDF version and print that version