SWIFT Update September 5, 2019
URL Changes - Save these to your Favorites
As part of the SWIFT, Self Service, and Administrative Portal upgrade, portal URLs will be replaced with “vanity” URLs. A “vanity” URL is a shorter URL that is more descriptive and automatically redirects a user to the application. The following portals have new vanity URLs:
Begin using the new vanity URLs today. Save these to your Favorites and share with others in your agency.
Why use vanity URLs? All URLs will change when the limited upgrade happens. See the SWIFT, Self Service, and Administrative Portal Upgrade website for additional information.
To further assist our effort, inventory your agency documents, web pages and communications. Identify where these URL changes are needed. Then, coordinate with your IT and communications staff to make these changes. All new URLs will start with http://mn.gov
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Billing Users: Accounting Dates
Now that Fiscal Year 2019 is closed, users must enter an Accounting Date of July 1, 2019 or greater in the Billing module.
A bill with an earlier Accounting Date will fail to post to the Accounts Receivable module after Single Action Invoice completes, and will be unavailable to apply payment against in a deposit transaction. If this occurs, please contact the SWIFT Help Desk for assistance.
If a billing transaction should impact a prior Budget Period, users should modify the Budget Date on pages where funding information for the bill is entered. The Accounting Date field is not used in determining which Budget Period a transaction impacts.
The Limited Upgrade Impacts In-process Events in the Strategic Sourcing Module
Events cannot have an End Date beyond the upgrade start on Wednesday evening, November 27, 2019.
- When creating solicitations from now through November 27, 2019, the event “End Date” and “End Time” must be prior to November 27, 2019.
- Events do not need to be awarded before November 27, 2109. But they must end prior to the upgrade. For any events in a “Posted” status, SWIFT will set them to “Pending Award” or “Cancelled” before SWIFT is shut down Wednesday evening for the upgrade.
Agencies entering responses for suppliers must enter them prior to November 27, 2019.
For those event(s) you want to begin working on after the upgrade, you may enter them prior to the upgrade but the Start Date must be December 2, 2019 or later.
- The “Begin Date” and “End Date” must be after the upgrade and the event must remain in an “Open” status.
- Do not post these events until after the upgrade is complete.
If you have an event that must start prior to November 27, 2019 and end after the upgrade. please contact:
SWIFT Help Desk
- Contact the SWIFT Help Desk for any questions, concerns or issues you have with SWIFT:
651-201-8100, option 2 or by email SWIFTHelpDesk.MMB@state.mn.us
- Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday; closed holidays.
- When emailing the SWIFT Help Desk, be sure to include all details regarding the issue. Information to include with your message:
- Issue Description
- Business Unit
- Module (Accounts Payable, Purchase Orders, etc.)
- Transaction ID (Voucher ID, PO ID, etc.)
- Error Message Print Screen
- Additional assistance can be found on the SWIFT Reference Guide page.
SWIFT Update Mailing List
- The SWIFT Update is sent to the SWIFT Newsletter subscription list. Use the links at the bottom of the page to subscribe or unsubscribe to the SWIFT Newsletter subscription list.
Printing the SWIFT Update
- If you are experiencing issues printing this update, download a PDF version and print that version