SWIFT Update August 23, 2019
The State of Minnesota is upgrading its accounting, financial, and procurement IT system, called SWIFT. It’s a limited upgrade to get us on a newer version of the software, but users will experience a fresh look and feel, some enhancements, and improved accessibility. We are not adding new functionality or making major modifications.
The project also involves upgrading Employee Self Service and the Administrative Portal. Changes to these areas are mostly cosmetic and limited to the homepage, navigation, and search. The project will not change functions like time entry, payroll, or other employee/personnel functions.
Watch for regular communications and updates
We will provide you with frequent updates on what’s changing and how it impacts you. We will showcase new functions and provide training. Because all employees use Self Service, and thousands use SWIFT and the Administrative Portal, we will work hard to ensure everyone feels prepared for the changes coming in December.
Visit the project website to learn more
Check the SWIFT, Self Service and Administrative Portal website for project updates.
Contact us at email@example.com.
SWIFT 9.2 Limited Upgrade Deadline Requirement for Solicitation Events
SWIFT is scheduled to be upgraded to the latest software version the weekend of November 27, 2019. A requirement for the upgrade is solicitation events cannot be at a “Posted” status during the upgrade process. When creating solicitations from now through November 27, 2019, it is important to remember the sourcing event end date and time must be prior to the November 27, 2019, upgrade weekend. Events do not have to be awarded, but cannot end after the upgrade on November 27, 2019.
All events at a “Posted” status will be set to “Pending Award” or “Cancelled” before SWIFT is shut down Wednesday evening, November 27, 2019. A response entered by agency staff must be entered prior to November 27, 2019, as a response cannot be entered once the event is in a “Pending Award” status.
If you have an event(s) that you want to begin working on post upgrade, these events may be entered prior to the upgrade, as long as the “Begin Date” and “End Date” are after the upgrade and it is in an “Open” status. Do not post the event until after the upgrade is complete.
Should you have a sourcing event that cannot be completed prior to November 27, 2019, please contact Luke Jannett for Acquisitions events and Rachel Dougherty for Professional/Technical Sourcing events.
SWIFT Help Desk
- Contact the SWIFT Help Desk for any questions, concerns or issues you have with SWIFT:
651-201-8100, option 2 or by email SWIFTHelpDesk.MMB@state.mn.us
- Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday; closed holidays.
- When emailing the SWIFT Help Desk, be sure to include all details regarding the issue. Information to include with your message:
- Issue Description
- Business Unit
- Module (Accounts Payable, Purchase Orders, etc.)
- Transaction ID (Voucher ID, PO ID, etc.)
- Error Message Print Screen
- Additional assistance can be found on the SWIFT Reference Guide page.
SWIFT Update Mailing List
- The SWIFT Update is sent to the SWIFT Newsletter subscription list. Use the links at the bottom of the page to subscribe or unsubscribe to the SWIFT Newsletter subscription list.
Printing the SWIFT Update
- If you are experiencing issues printing this update, download a PDF version and print that version