SWIFT Update August 15, 2019
2019 Year End Update
A successful FY 2019 hard close was implemented last weekend. This accomplishment is due to agency staff working hard to meet deadlines and resolve issues. Thanks to everyone for making the FY 19 close a great success!
Close or Cancel Unneeded Supplier Contracts
Department of Administration’s Office of State Procurement (OSP) recommends that agencies cancel or close existing supplier contracts that they no longer need. Canceling or closing these contracts streamlines reports both for agencies and for OSP.
- Cancel supplier contracts that have no activity against it. An activity includes purchase orders, receipts and vouchers.
- Close supplier contracts that have activity against it.
For more information, please review the Close or Cancel a Supplier Contract or Contract Lines
Help Desk Positions
Minnesota Management and Budget is hiring two permanent and one temporary positions supporting agency users of the State’s PeopleSoft accounting and procurement system (SWIFT).
Responsibilities include staffing a central Help Desk, answering questions, logging problems, troubleshooting and resolving issues.These positions are great entry-level positions for people with a strong interest in learning about large financial and procurement systems.
Responsibilities include ensuring quality training materials are created, maintained and delivered in support of agency users of SWIFT and the Data Warehouse.
Working for the State of Minnesota means a great work life balance, affordable benefits, and many great opportunities for advancement with over 100 agencies statewide.
SWIFT Help Desk Support
SWIFT Help Desk Support
SWIFT Help Desk
- Contact the SWIFT Help Desk for any questions, concerns or issues you have with SWIFT:
651-201-8100, option 2 or by email SWIFTHelpDesk.MMB@state.mn.us
- Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday; closed holidays.
- When emailing the SWIFT Help Desk, be sure to include all details regarding the issue. Information to include with your message:
- Issue Description
- Business Unit
- Module (Accounts Payable, Purchase Orders, etc.)
- Transaction ID (Voucher ID, PO ID, etc.)
- Error Message Print Screen
- Additional assistance can be found on the SWIFT Reference Guide page.
SWIFT Update Mailing List
- The SWIFT Update is sent to the SWIFT Newsletter subscription list. Use the links at the bottom of the page to subscribe or unsubscribe to the SWIFT Newsletter subscription list.
Printing the SWIFT Update
- If you are experiencing issues printing this update, download a PDF version and print that version