SWIFT Update July 12, 2018
2018 Year End Update
Minnesota Management and Budget (MMB) executed a successful soft close on June 30, 2018.
The impact on agencies for budget period 2018 appropriations is:
- Agencies cannot create new encumbrances (POs) against budget period 2018 appropriations (except type 02 - continuing).
- Agencies creating vouchers for budget period 2018 must reference an existing encumbrance (except type 02 - continuing).
- Agencies need to cancel all requisitions.
- Agencies can still deposit receipts, bills and receivables created against budget period 2018.
There are critical tasks that agencies need to accomplish in the next few weeks to ensure a successful hard close on August 11th.
You can find detailed instructions in the Annual Budget and Accounting Instructions – Document 3.
Agencies need to respond quickly to encumbrance certification and appropriation problem reports.
Encumbrance Certification Reports
Appropriation Problem Reports
- MMB will send reports next week.
- Agencies must cancel all encumbrances for the fiscal year unless the agency head certifies that goods or services were ordered by June 30, 2018 (MS 16A.28).
- Agencies must certify encumbrances by completing and returning the certification report to MMB.
Thanks in advance for your prompt attention in completing the encumbrance certification report and resolving budget problems to ensure a successful close.
- MMB sent the reports July 11 and will send them out weekly until July 31, 2018. Then, they will send them out daily.
- These reports identify appropriations that are over-obligated, over extended, or have open requisitions (pre-encumbrances) or anticipated transfers.
- Agencies must resolve these conditions before hard close.
Appropriation Maintenance Application (AMA)
The Appropriation Maintenance Application (AMA) will be unavailable the afternoon of Friday, July 13, beginning at 12:00 noon so that system updates can be installed. This work is expected to be completed, and the system back on-line again by 5:00 PM. Thank you for your patience.
SWIFT Classroom Training
The SWIFT training team does not offer classroom training in the summer. Please refer to the SWIFT Reference Guides page or contact the SWIFT Help Desk for questions.
SWIFT Help Desk
Contact the SWIFT Help Desk for any questions, concerns or issues you have with SWIFT:
651-201-8100, option 2 or by email SWIFTHelpDesk.MMB@state.mn.us
Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday; closed holidays.
When emailing the SWIFT Help Desk, be sure to include all details regarding the issue. Information to include with your message:
- Issue Description
- Business Unit
- Module (Accounts Payable, Purchase Orders, etc.)
- Transaction ID (Voucher ID, PO ID, etc.)
- Error Message Print Screen
Additional assistance can be found on the SWIFT Reference Guide page.
To find SWIFT training, open Employee Self-Service and select the Learning folder. Then, search the Catalog using the keyword “SWIFT” to find and enroll in classes currently scheduled. Classes are free of charge and open to everyone.
SWIFT Update Mailing List
The SWIFT Update is sent to the SWIFT Newsletter subscription list. Use the links at the bottom of the page to subscribe or unsubscribe to the SWIFT Newsletter subscription list.
Printing the SWIFT Update
If you are experiencing issues printing this update, download a PDF version and print that version