SWIFT Update June 29, 2017
PO Close Process is Delayed Until July 28th
The Purchase Order Close (PO Recon) job will not be run on Friday, June 30, 2017, as was scheduled. The next run of the PO Close is July 28, 2017. If you have purchase orders to close and you cannot wait until then, use the Buyer’s Workbench. You can close one or more purchase orders at a time. For more information, refer to the SWIFT reference guide, Close an Individual Purchase Order Using the Buyer’s WorkBench.
SWIFT System Availability (including Supplier Portal and Mobile Inventory)
SWIFT will be unavailable on Friday, June 30, 2017, beginning at 6 p.m. for soft close. The system will become available on Saturday, July 1, 2017, once soft close is complete. A system notification email will be sent to users when the system becomes available.
Reminder to Buyers:Avoid Scheduling Events to Close on July 1st and 2nd
Buyers, please be aware of the system downtime. This includes the Supplier Portal. Depending on when the system comes up, vendors may or may not have time to enter bid responses if an event is scheduled to close on or before July 2, 2017.
How to Process Transactions During the Close Period
The close period is July 1 through August 11, 2017. When entering transactions in the close period, do not let the Accounting Date default to the Current Date.
Transfers made between July 1 and August 11 for Budget Period 2017 must have Journal Date of June 30 or earlier to be reflected in fiscal year 2017. The Budget Fiscal Year (BFY) must match the Accounting Fiscal Year in the close period. Continuing appropriations are exempt from these date requirements.
• Make sure that all miscellaneous cash receipt transactions for BFY 2017 have a matching Accounting Fiscal Year of 2017. Use an Accounting Date of June 30, 2017 or a prior date.
• For SWIFT receipts, deposit them at the bank and record the receipts received by June 30, 2017 on or before June 30, 2017. In rare exceptions if this is not possible, use an Accounting Date of June 30, 2017 and a Received Date when you deposited the receipt at the bank.
• Process all regular or correcting direct journal entries for Fiscal Year 2017 by June 30, 2017. Do not process them later than August 11, 2017. See the Annual Budget and Accounting Instructions - Doc 3 for further details and exceptions.
• For miscellaneous cash receipts that you receive July 1, 2017 or later and relate to Fiscal Year 2017, ensure that the Accounting Date and the Received Date are the date your agency deposited the money in the bank.
For payments, the Accounting Date is based on the Received Date of the goods and services. This Received Date may cause the Budget Date to be different. The goods or services must be received by June 30th to be in accounting FY 2017.
D. Indirect Cost Payments
If you make indirect cost payments after June 30 that relate to FY 2017, enter the Accounting date of June 30, 2017. Change this field manually or SWIFT will default it to the Current Date.
E. Capital Assets
Complete all FY 2017 SWIFT Asset Management transactions on or before July 20, 2017. If you enter FY 2017 transactions between July 1 and July 20, make sure that the Accounting date is June 30, 2017 or prior date. Otherwise, SWIFT will not record them as FY 2017 transactions.
Update on SWIFT Classroom Training
The SWIFT training team does not offer classroom training in the summer. We rebuild our training databases each summer to mirror the most current fiscal year's financial accounting fields. Please look for SWIFT classroom training in early September.
There are some limited SWIFT training options offered online only. All SWIFT classes are free of charge and open to everyone. Find and enroll in online training options by opening Employee Self-Service and selecting the Enterprise Learning Management (ELM) folder. On the Search for Learning section, enter the keyword “SWIFT” and click Search.
SWIFT Help Desk
Contact the SWIFT Help Desk for any questions, concerns or issues you have with SWIFT:
651-201-8100, option 2 or by email SWIFTHelpDesk.MMB@state.mn.us
Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday; closed holidays.
When emailing the SWIFT Help Desk, be sure to include all details regarding the issue. Information to include with your message:
- Issue Description
- Business Unit
- Module (Accounts Payable, Purchase Orders, etc.)
- Transaction ID (Voucher ID, PO ID, etc.)
- Error Message Print Screen
Additional assistance can be found on the SWIFT Reference Guide page.
To find SWIFT training, open Employee Self-Service and select the Learning folder. Then, search the Catalog using the keyword “SWIFT” to find and enroll in classes currently scheduled. Classes are free of charge and open to everyone.
SWIFT Update Mailing List
The SWIFT Update is sent to the SWIFT Newsletter subscription list. Use the links at the bottom of the page to subscribe or unsubscribe to the SWIFT Newsletter subscription list.