SWIFT Update June 27, 2018
SWIFT System Availability (including Supplier Portal and Mobile Inventory)
SWIFT will be unavailable on Friday, June 29, 2018, beginning at 6 p.m. for soft close.
The system will become available Sunday, July 1, 2018, once soft close is complete. A system notification email will be sent to users when the system becomes available.
Reminder to Buyers: Avoid Scheduling Events to Close in Early July.
Buyers, please be aware of the system downtime. This includes the Supplier Portal. Depending on when the system comes up, vendors may or may not have time to enter bid responses if an event is scheduled to close in the first few days of July.
Purchase Order Close this Weekend
As part of the year end clean-up activities, the PO Recon (PO Close) job is scheduled to run June 29.
The PO Reconciliation Job closes purchase orders that have been fully matched by setting the status to “Complete”. See the SWIFT Procurement Year End Processing Tips for additional information. The Procurement Closing Information is at the bottom of the page.
The PO Close job will run two additional times this year to assist in closing documents: July 27 and the hard close weekend of August 10.
Remember, you can prevent the PO Reconciliation Job from closing a purchase order by clicking the “Hold From Further Processing” checkbox on the purchase order header page. You can use this checkbox if you plan on increasing the purchase order at a later date.
Annual Budget and Accounting Instructions - Document 3
The Annual Budget and Accounting Instructions – Document 3 has been posted to the SWIFT Budget and Accounting Instructions web page under the "Establishing Budget Fiscal Year 2019 Budgets and Closing Fiscal Year 2018" heading.
How to Process Transactions During the Close Period
The close period is July 1 through August 10, 2018. When entering transactions in the close period, do not let the Accounting Date default to the Current Date.
Transfers made between July 1 and August 10 for Budget Period 2018 must have Journal Date of June 30 or earlier to be reflected in fiscal year 2018. The Budget Fiscal Year (BFY) must match the Accounting Fiscal Year in the close period. Continuing appropriations are exempt from these date requirements.
- Make sure that all miscellaneous cash receipt transactions for BFY 2018 have a matching Accounting Fiscal Year of 2018. Use an Accounting Date of June 30, 2018 or a prior date.
- For SWIFT receipts, deposit them at the bank and record the receipts received by June 30, 2018 on or before June 30, 2018. In rare exceptions if this is not possible, use an Accounting Date of June 30, 2018 and a Received Date when you deposited the receipt at the bank.
- Process all regular or correcting direct journal entries for Fiscal Year 2018 by June 30, 2018. Do not process them later than August 10, 2018. See the Annual Budget and Accounting Instructions - Doc 3 for further details and exceptions.
- For miscellaneous cash receipts that you receive July 1, 2018 or later and relate to Fiscal Year 2018, ensure that the Accounting Date and the Received Date are the date your agency deposited the money in the bank.
For payments, the Accounting Date is based on the Received Date of the goods and services. This Received Date may cause the Budget Date to be different. The goods or services must be received by June 30th to be in accounting FY 2018.
D. Indirect Cost Payments
If you make indirect cost payments after June 30 that relate to FY 2018, enter the Accounting Date of June 30, 2018. Change this field manually or SWIFT will default it to the Current Date.
E. Capital Assets
Asset Management will be closing FY 2018 transactions on July 20. Agencies need to complete all FY 2018 SWIFT Asset Management transactions on or before July 20, 2018. This is the last date you can enter asset activity to 2018.
If you enter FY 2018 transactions between July 1 and July 20, make sure that the Accounting Date is June 30, 2018 or prior date. Otherwise, SWIFT will not record them as FY 2018 transactions.
Payroll Budget Fiscal Year (BFY) 2018 Closing Deadlines
Please complete all mass expense transfers, prior period adjustments, business expense reimbursements and expense transfers, and any other adjustments as soon as possible to avoid having insufficient time to correct unexpected errors.
BFY 2018 Closing Deadlines
- 07/09/2018 - BFY 2018 Relocation Expense reports must be received by noon
- 07/12/2018 - BFY 2018 Business Expense, Travel Advance Settlements and Business Expense Transfers
- 07/13/2018 - BFY 2018 Retroactive Pay Adjustments and Prior Pay Period Adjustments, BFY 2019 Position Funding updates
- 07/20/2018 - BFY 2018 Mass Expense Transfers can be entered until noon
For more information, please refer to the Budget Fiscal Year 2018 Closing Deadlines for Payroll
memo dated May 31, 2018.
SWIFT Classroom Training
The SWIFT training team does not offer classroom training in the summer. Please refer to the SWIFT Reference Guides page or contact the SWIFT Help Desk for questions.
SWIFT Help Desk
Contact the SWIFT Help Desk for any questions, concerns or issues you have with SWIFT:
651-201-8100, option 2 or by email SWIFTHelpDesk.MMB@state.mn.us
Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday; closed holidays.
When emailing the SWIFT Help Desk, be sure to include all details regarding the issue. Information to include with your message:
- Issue Description
- Business Unit
- Module (Accounts Payable, Purchase Orders, etc.)
- Transaction ID (Voucher ID, PO ID, etc.)
- Error Message Print Screen
Additional assistance can be found on the SWIFT Reference Guide page.
To find SWIFT training, open Employee Self-Service and select the Learning folder. Then, search the Catalog using the keyword “SWIFT” to find and enroll in classes currently scheduled. Classes are free of charge and open to everyone.
SWIFT Update Mailing List
The SWIFT Update is sent to the SWIFT Newsletter subscription list. Use the links at the bottom of the page to subscribe or unsubscribe to the SWIFT Newsletter subscription list.
Printing the SWIFT Update
If you are experiencing issues printing this update, download a PDF version and print that version