SWIFT Update June 13, 2019
Fiscal Year End Reminders
- 2020 Appropriation Transfers/Roll Forward
Agencies should not roll forward appropriation balances into budget period 2020 or process actual transfers for budget period 2020 before July 1. Minnesota Management and Budget (MMB)'s SWIFT Module Support will be monitoring for 2020 transfers and will have agencies reverse transactions with a transfer correction for those transfers that are processed before July 1.
Agencies can process anticipated transfers (XATs) prior to July 1 in order to set up expense budgets and encumbrances.
- Processing FY 2019 Activity by June 30
As we approach the end of the fiscal year (FY), it is important to ensure that outstanding 2019 accounting transactions are complete. To the extent possible, these transactions should be fully processed by June 30.
Agency staff should:
1. Identify and process all known receipt and expenditure corrections related to FY 2019.
2. Deposit at the bank and record in SWIFT all miscellaneous cash receipts received on or before June 30.
3. Review transactions to make sure they are fully processed in SWIFT.
Here are some resources to help with this review:
- Accounts Receivable:
- o SWIFT Inquiries for Clean-up and Review reference guide
- Accounts Payable:
- o SWIFT Query M_AP_GBL_EXCEPTION
(Identifies unpaid vouchers with exceptions for a specified date range.)
o SWIFT Query: M_AP_GBL_UNPOSTED_JOURNAL_VCHR
(Identifies unposted journal vouchers)
o Unpaid Vouchers reference guide.
4. Review and close negative encumbrances.
You can identify them by running the M_PO_GBL_NEG_ENCUMB_KK query in the Query Viewer.
5. Statewide Indirect Cost invoices are due June 30.
Agencies should make all effort to pay them timely. The invoices do not include the federal portion as this is paid separately.
6. Federal Indirect Cost Payments.
Agencies need to process their federal receipt vouchers for the indirect costs timely as well to be included in the reverse bilateral netting process.
The reverse bilateral netting process will be run on the following dates:
- June 25, 2019
- July 9, 2019
- July 23, 2019
- August 6, 2019
7. 2019 Transfers.
Agencies are to complete any known FY 2019 transfers by June 30, so that the fiscal year and the budget year are the same. This helps to minimize manual adjustments in the CAFR reporting.
8. BFY 2019 Year-End Spending.
All goods and services must be encumbered according to MMB Statewide Operating Policy 0901-02, Fiscal Year-End Closing Transactions – Pre-Encumbrances/Requisitions, Encumbrances/Purchase Orders, Expenditures/ Payment Vouchers. Payments for services rendered or goods ordered after June 30 must be made from BFY 2020.
For questions about processing these transactions, contact the SWIFT Help Desk.
Annual Budget and Accounting Instructions - Document 2
The Annual Budget and Accounting Instructions – Document 2 has been posted to the SWIFT Budget & Accounting Instructions webpage under the Establishing Budget Fiscal Year 2020-21 Budgets and Closing Fiscal Year 2019 heading.
SWIFT System Availability (including Supplier Portal and Mobile Inventory)
The full nightly batch will run as usual on Friday June 28 and the system will continue to be available for on-line transactions until 6:00 pm on Sunday, June 30. At that time, the system will become unavailable and a limited batch will be run to budget check and post transactions to the general ledger. This batch will exclude all interface and payment processing. Note that even though the system will be available, there will not be SWIFT Help Desk support or Appropriation Maintenance Application loads from the end of the day Friday until the system is back up on July 1.
It is anticipated that the system will be back on-line at 7:00 am on Monday, July 1.
SWIFT Help Desk
- Contact the SWIFT Help Desk for any questions, concerns or issues you have with SWIFT:
651-201-8100, option 2 or by email SWIFTHelpDesk.MMB@state.mn.us
- Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday; closed holidays.
- When emailing the SWIFT Help Desk, be sure to include all details regarding the issue. Information to include with your message:
- Issue Description
- Business Unit
- Module (Accounts Payable, Purchase Orders, etc.)
- Transaction ID (Voucher ID, PO ID, etc.)
- Error Message Print Screen
- Additional assistance can be found on the SWIFT Reference Guide page.
SWIFT Update Mailing List
- The SWIFT Update is sent to the SWIFT Newsletter subscription list. Use the links at the bottom of the page to subscribe or unsubscribe to the SWIFT Newsletter subscription list.
Printing the SWIFT Update
- If you are experiencing issues printing this update, download a PDF version and print that version