SWIFT Update June 6, 2019
Annual Budget and Accounting Instructions - Document 2
The Annual Budget and Accounting Instructions – Document 2 has been posted to the SWIFT Budget & Accounting Instructions web page under the Establishing Budget Fiscal Year 2020-21 Budgets and Closing Fiscal Year 2019.
New Warrant Numbers
On June 4, 2019, Minnesota Management and Budget (MMB) started issuing warrants with a new series number. Previously warrants issued from SWIFT began with 5, these were known as 5 series warrants. If vendors contact you regarding a warrant, please be aware the numbers have changed and now begin with 2.
Notice on New Local Taxes
The Minnesota Department of Revenue will be administering the following new sales and use taxes effective July 1, 2019: Isanti County 0.5% Transit Sales and Use Tax
The sales and use tax rate changes apply to sales made on or after July 1, 2019. They will be in addition to all other taxes in effect. Local sales tax applies to retail sales made and taxable services provided within the local taxing area (county/city limits). The tax applies to the same items that are taxable under the Minnesota sales and use tax law.
Agencies entering purchase orders for the new fiscal year, prior to the July 1, 2019 tax effective date, will have the old rate calculated. They will need to update their purchase orders.
Purchase orders entered in SWIFT on or after July 1, 2019, will calculate the new tax rates for each county/city. Existing purchase orders and/or their vouchers will need to be adjusted to pay the correct tax if delivery occurs after various dates. Please note that the dates will be different based on whether goods or construction materials are being delivered. Check the tax notice for the affected city for the correct dates.
For assistance in changing the sales tax on a purchase order, please consult the Sales Tax Settings on Purchase Orders guide.
Supplier Contract Thresholds and Notifications
On the nightly batch run on Monday, June 10, the SWIFT Supplier Contract module will implement changes to enhance the processing of contract notifications.
- Contract Notifications: Agencies have been able to set up contract notifications in the past. However, the process was not consistently running in the nightly batch stream and some notifications were not sent. The new notification process will ensure all notifications are sent out. When the nightly batch runs on Monday, June 10, agencies may get notifications for older contracts which may no longer be relevant. You can ignore these old notifications.
How to set up contract notifications and spend thresholds
- Contract Thresholds: Agencies will now be able to set up spend thresholds on an individual contract record. A spend threshold is a specific monetary amount for a contract or contract item. Using the new spend threshold feature, you can define the threshold and then notify users when spending on a contract crosses the threshold amount.
1. On the Contract Entry page, select the Thresholds & Notifications link.
SWIFT opens up the Thresholds & Notifications page.
2. Select at least one of the notification types:Send Date/Amount Notification and/or Send Threshold Notification.
- Send Date/Amount Notification:Use this section to be notified of various dates on the contract such as the Expire Date, Renewal Date or Approval Due Date. The administrator can enter the number of days ahead they would like the notification. The administrator may also enter an amount or percentage to be notified when a contract hits a specified released amount.
- Send Threshold Notification checkbox:The contract an administrator can use the Spend Threshold section to be notified when the contract release amount exceeds the threshold amount entered.
3. Notification Assignments area. Enter one or more users to be notified for each of the notifications you have chosen to use.
SWIFT Help Desk
Contact the SWIFT Help Desk for any questions, concerns or issues you have with SWIFT:
651-201-8100, option 2 or by email SWIFTHelpDesk.MMB@state.mn.us
Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday; closed holidays.
When emailing the SWIFT Help Desk, be sure to include all details regarding the issue. Information to include with your message:
- Issue Description
- Business Unit
- Module (Accounts Payable, Purchase Orders, etc.)
- Transaction ID (Voucher ID, PO ID, etc.)
- Error Message Print Screen
Additional assistance can be found on the SWIFT Reference Guide page.
SWIFT Update Mailing List
The SWIFT Update is sent to the SWIFT Newsletter subscription list. Use the links at the bottom of the page to subscribe or unsubscribe to the SWIFT Newsletter subscription list.
Printing the SWIFT Update
If you are experiencing issues printing this update, download a PDF version and print that version