SWIFT Update April 25, 2019
Budget Reminder: Search for Unfinished Budget Journals
When entering journals in the Commitment Control module, you may be called away or your session may time out. You can use the Enter Budget Journals and Enter Budget Transfer pages to search for journals that are not fully processed. You should perform these searches on a routine basis to ensure that there are no journals waiting to be processed.
- When you do the search, change the Budget Header Status search parameter to “not =” and select “Posted” from the drop-down menu.
- If you determine that the journal is no longer needed, go to the Budget Lines tab of the journal, select “Delete” from the Process drop-down menu, and click on the Process button.
Purchase Order Close the Weekend of May 17
As part of the year end clean-up activities, the PO Recon (PO Close) job is scheduled to run the weekend of May 17. The PO Reconciliation Job closes purchase orders that have been fully matched by setting the Status to “Complete”. See the SWIFT Procurement Year End Processing Tips for additional information.
The PO Close job will run three additional times this year to assist in closing documents: June 28, July 26, and the hard close weekend of August 9.
Remember, you can prevent the PO Reconciliation Job from closing a purchase order by clicking the “Hold From Further Processing” checkbox on the purchase order header page. You can use this checkbox if you plan on increasing the purchase order at a later date.
Help Desk Hot Topic
Help Desk Hot Topics feature Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) answered by the SWIFT Help Desk. Use these as a friendly reminder of a process or as an opportunity to learn something new!
Q. How do I close a purchase order?
A. Depending on the circumstances, here are options for closing purchase orders.
1. Purchase Order Referencing a P/T Contract:
To close purchase orders that reference P/T types of contracts, follow these steps.
- Step 1: Reduce last year’s P/T contract line(s) to the amount expended.
- Step 2: Close the purchase order using the Buyer’s Workbench.
2. Multiple Fiscal Years: If a new fiscal year purchase order is needed for the same contract, pull updated contract line(s) into a new purchase order to reflect the new or updated amounts. Approve, budget check and dispatch the purchase order.
IMPORTANT! Use a new purchase order to avoid known issues with combining multiple fiscal years on a purchase order.
3. Purchase Order Referencing a Contract: Follow the instructions in the Close a Purchase Order Referencing a Contract Using a Change Order reference guide.
4. Individual Purchase Order not Referencing a Contract: To close individual purchase orders from the Buyer’s Workbench, follow the instructions in the Close an Individual Purchase Order Using the Buyer’s Workbench reference guide.
5. Multiple Purchase Orders: To close multiple purchase orders by using a CSV (comma separated value) file and the Buyer’s Workbench. Follow the instructions in the Close Multiple Purchase Orders Using CSV Files reference guide.
SWIFT Help Desk
Contact the SWIFT Help Desk for any questions, concerns or issues you have with SWIFT:
651-201-8100, option 2 or by email SWIFTHelpDesk.MMB@state.mn.us
Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday; closed holidays.
When emailing the SWIFT Help Desk, be sure to include all details regarding the issue. Information to include with your message:
- Issue Description
- Business Unit
- Module (Accounts Payable, Purchase Orders, etc.)
- Transaction ID (Voucher ID, PO ID, etc.)
- Error Message Print Screen
Additional assistance can be found on the SWIFT Reference Guide page.
To find SWIFT training, open Employee Self-Service and select the Learning folder. Then, search the Catalog using the keyword “SWIFT” to find and enroll in classes currently scheduled. Classes are free of charge and open to everyone.
SWIFT Update Mailing List
The SWIFT Update is sent to the SWIFT Newsletter subscription list. Use the links at the bottom of the page to subscribe or unsubscribe to the SWIFT Newsletter subscription list.
Printing the SWIFT Update
If you are experiencing issues printing this update, download a PDF version and print that version