SWIFT Update February 21, 2019
Procurement Fiscal Year 2019 End Cutoff Dates
The fiscal year end 2019 deadline established for the submission of requisitions and procurement requests for the following items is March 15, 2019.
- Request for Proposals (RFP) - If the intended procurement method is to make the acquisition through an RFP, please contact the Office of State Procurement (OSP) as soon as possible to discuss the procurement and appropriate timelines.
- Agency Single Sources related to Software Licensing and/or Software Maintenance Agreements - Agency software purchases related to Software Licensing and/or Software Maintenance Agreements processed through OSP.
- Construction - Construction and construction-related requisitions processed through the Real Estate and Construction Office or OSP.
- Sealed Bids - Requisitions requiring sealed bids (over $50K) processed through OSP.
- Fiscal Closing/Requisitions - Requisitions over the purchasing Agency's authority processed through OSP (under $50,000).
OSP encourages agencies to submit projects prior to the March 15, 2019 deadline.
Vendors with a “To Be Archived” Status
To reduce the size of the SWIFT vendor file, Minnesota Management & Budget’s (MMB) vendor group updated the Status of some vendor records to “To Be Archived”. These vendor records had no activity in SWIFT (e.g., payments, purchase orders or contracts). If an agency staff attempts to select one of these vendors, SWIFT will not recognize the Vendor ID.
MMB did not delete or purge the vendor records that were set to “To Be Archived”. If your agency needs the vendor Status to be changed to “Active”, please contact MMB’s Vendor Group.
Please email the MMB Vendor Group with questions or status change requests. firstname.lastname@example.org
SWIFT Help Desk
Contact the SWIFT Help Desk for any questions, concerns or issues you have with SWIFT:
651-201-8100, option 2 or by email SWIFTHelpDesk.MMB@state.mn.us
Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday; closed holidays.
When emailing the SWIFT Help Desk, be sure to include all details regarding the issue. Information to include with your message:
- Issue Description
- Business Unit
- Module (Accounts Payable, Purchase Orders, etc.)
- Transaction ID (Voucher ID, PO ID, etc.)
- Error Message Print Screen
Additional assistance can be found on the SWIFT Reference Guide page.
To find SWIFT training, open Employee Self-Service and select the Learning folder. Then, search the Catalog using the keyword “SWIFT” to find and enroll in classes currently scheduled. Classes are free of charge and open to everyone.
SWIFT Update Mailing List
The SWIFT Update is sent to the SWIFT Newsletter subscription list. Use the links at the bottom of the page to subscribe or unsubscribe to the SWIFT Newsletter subscription list.
Printing the SWIFT Update
If you are experiencing issues printing this update, download a PDF version and print that version