COVID-19 State Veterans Cemeteries Update
The Minnesota Department of Veterans Affairs (MDVA) remains committed to serving Minnesota Veterans and their families. We continue to follow CDC and Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) guidance and are revising our operations according to the latest Executive Orders from the Governor. Our goal remains providing a safe environment for both the Veterans and families we serve and our employees.
Minnesota State Veterans Cemeteries remain open for visitors seven days a week from sunrise to sunset. Visitors should practice social distancing.
Effective Wednesday, July 1:
- We are able to increase the number of committal services attendees to 50 (not including honors team, funeral director, clergy and cemetery representatives/staff).
- Because of the smaller size of our committal area, we are continuing to limit group size to ensure social distancing.
- We strongly encourage all service attendees to wear a mask per CDC and MDH guidelines.
- Anyone with COVID-19 symptoms or anyone who has been exposed to someone with COVID-19 symptoms should not attend services.
- Volunteer and military honor guard availability may be limited.
- All committal services will occur outdoors under a Committal Tent.
- Cemetery representatives will meet with the appointed next of kin/representative/Funeral Director in the Cortege Lane prior to service time. The Committal Service will begin at the scheduled service time, on the hour.
- Restrooms and the Grave Locator will be available for visitors in the lobby area.
We are available to discuss this situation and respond to your questions, we appreciate your understanding during this challenging time.