COVID-19 State Veterans Cemeteries Update
As we respond to COVID-19, the Minnesota Department of Veterans Affairs (MDVA) remains committed to serving Minnesota Veterans and their families. We are following CDC and Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) guidance.
Minnesota State Veterans Cemeteries remain open; however, visitors should continue to practice social distancing.
Effective as of Monday, March 30 at 8 a.m., MDVA has adopted restrictions similar to those in effect at all VA National Cemeteries.
- Minnesota State Veterans Cemeteries are open for direct transfer or direct interment ONLY.
- Families who accompany are asked to wait and may access the interment site after staff activity is complete and they have departed.
- There will be no committal service or honors conducted onsite.
- Families who have previously scheduled services and all incoming requests for burial will be notified.
- Families will be offered the ability to schedule future memorial/celebration of life services, to include military funeral honors, onsite at a later date.
- Cemetery representatives will meet with the appointed next of kin/Funeral Director outside of the Cemetery buildings when they arrive.
- Access to the Cemetery Administration Offices is limited to Cemetery staff only.
- Access to the Grave Locator System at Little Falls and Preston locations is allowed.
- Access to restroom facilities inside the Administration Building is restricted.
- Cemetery grounds are still open to visitors.
We are available to discuss this situation and respond to your questions, we appreciate your understanding during this challenging time.