COVID-19 State Veterans Cemeteries Update
The Minnesota Department of Veterans Affairs (MDVA) remains committed to serving Minnesota Veterans and their families. We continue to follow CDC and Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) guidance and are revising our operations according to the latest Executive Orders from the Governor. Our goal remains providing a safe environment for both the Veterans and families we serve and our employees.
Minnesota State Veterans Cemeteries remain open for visitors seven days a week from sunrise to sunset. Visitors should practice social distancing.
Effective Monday, May 24, 2021:
- All facilities will be open to the public during daylight hours.
- There will be no limitation to the number of persons permitted to attend committal and memorial services.
- We strongly encourage all service attendees and guests in our administrative building who have not been vaccinated to wear a mask per CDC and MDH guidelines.
- Anyone with COVID-19 symptoms or anyone who has been exposed to someone with COVID-19 symptoms should not attend services.
- All committal services will occur outdoors at a designated Committal Area. The decision to utilize the indoor committal shelter in Little Falls will be made in late summer 2021.
We are available to discuss this situation and respond to your questions, we appreciate your understanding during this challenging time.