Racism is hard for many of us to see, yet it runs deep, and racial disparities affect every aspect of our lives, from employment to education to health care. In 2013, the St. Paul Foundation and the Minnesota Community Foundation, affiliates of Minnesota Philanthropy Partners, made a renewed commitment to fostering racial equity through an initiative they call Facing Race.
This program focuses on Facing Race, a framework that runs through all of their activities -- as employers, as grant makers, and as participants in our community. A series of conversations examine how Facing Race could model for other organizations seeking to create a racially equitable Minnesota. Hosted by Commissioner Kevin Lindsey, Minnesota Department of Human Rights.
- Carleen Rhodes, President and CEO, Minnesota Philanthropy Partners
- Claire Chang, Associate Vice President of Grants and Program, Minnesota Philanthropy Partners
- Rowzat Shipchandler, Racial Equity Manager, Minnesota Philanthropy Partners
- Pat O'Brien, Director of Human Resources, Minnesota Philanthropy Partners
- Commissioner Ed Ehlinger, Minnesota Department of Health