2018 Committee Member Position Description and Call for Applicants
Deadline: April 26, 2018; Application Form is below.
Minnesota Department of Human Rights Commissioner Kevin Lindsey will be appointing an advisory committee consisting of eight to ten members. The Committee will advise MDHR and discuss the following:
- What are the most important topics or areas that are partnership opportunities for local human rights commissions and MDHR?
- What kinds of training and technical assistance would be most useful to local commissions?
- What would be the most effective ways to strengthen the network of local human rights commissions in Minnesota?
- How to effectively identify, report, investigate and resolve claims of discrimination?
- What are the most important issues for local commissions?
The Committee will meet three times in 2018. First meeting will take place in May. The planning team expects two meetings to take place in the Twin Cities metro and one in greater Minnesota. The planning team will plan to have meetings in locations with conference call capability.
Date: May 23, 2018 (Wednesday)
Time: 3:30 to 5 pm
Venue: St. Paul (with conference call capability)
Mileage reimbursements for individuals traveling more than 25 miles will be available on request.
Application and Selection Process
The following are encouraged to apply:
- Current and former members of local human rights commissions
- City or county staff providing support to local commissions
- City or county elected officials in communities with an active commission or with an interest in starting a commission
- Community members interested in starting a commission in their community
- Local diversity councils and equity groups
Applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter that describes about your interest in the committee and your connection to local human rights commissions; and a resume by April 26, 2018 (Thursday). Those materials can be submitted through our online form below. Please contact Rowzat Shipchandler at Rowzat.email@example.com
or 651.539.1087 if you have questions or need to submit the application in an alternate format. The planning team expects to notify applicants of their status in early May.
Please fill in the Application form below.