Minnesota's Civil Rights Enforcement Agency
The Minnesota Department of Human Rights is the state's civil rights enforcement agency.
We are charged with upholding the civil rights of Minnesotans in every county of the state under the Minnesota Human Rights Act.
Create a world where everyone can lead lives full of dignity and joy.
Make Minnesota discrimination free.
- Create a more equitable Minnesota
- Create a more inclusive culture
- Identify and eliminate discrimination
The Minnesota Human Rights Act is the foundation of our work.
- Investigate charges of discrimination
- Equity and inclusion for state contracting
- Educate to reduce discrimination and disparate outcomes
Civil rights enforcement is essential to building a thriving Minnesota.
As Minnesota's communities grow older and the population becomes more racially diverse, the Minnesota Department of Human Rights is committed to creating an equitable and inclusive Minnesota, eliminating discrimination, and ending disparities and inequities.
The Department works to break down policies and practices that perpetuate structural barriers, such as, racism, ableism, homophobia, and ageism to build strong communities.