Zoning and Land Use
Statutes and Rules: (Additional statutes, regulations & opinions may apply to your specific situation.)
Resources: (Print resources are available at the Minnesota State Law Library and in county law libraries around the state.)
- Dunnell Minnesota Digest, Minnesota's legal encyclopedia, article on Municipal Corporations, Part 7.
- Land Use and Zoning Basics, from FindLaw.
- Zoning, from FindLaw.
- Burke, Barlow Understanding the Law of Zoning & Land Use Controls, (LexisNexis) KF 5698 .B87 2013.
- Zoning, from WEX, the legal encyclopedia from the Legal Information Institute at Cornell.
- Zoning and Land Use Law Treatises, from Minnesota State Law Library.
Related Topics: Boundaries, Easements, and Adverse Possession; Ordinances.
DISCLAIMER: As librarians and not lawyers, we can suggest resources but cannot give legal advice (such as which form to file), or legal opinions, (such as how a statute might apply to particular facts.) To do so could be considered the unauthorized practice of law. Even though we try to suggest materials that will be of help, further research is usually required to find a complete and correct answer. For many questions, the best answer may be to consult an attorney. For links to resources on finding an attorney click here.