Statutes (Additional statutes, regulations & opinions may apply to your specific situation.):
Resources: (Print resources are available at the Minnesota State Law Library and in county law libraries around the state.)
- Dunnell Minnesota Digest, Minnesota's legal encyclopedia, article on Extradition (includes detainers).
- A Jailhouse Lawyer's Manual, Ninth Edition (Columbia University, 2000-2011).
- McCarr, Henry W. and Jack S. Nordby. Criminal Law and Procedure, 4th ed. (West, 2012) Reference Desk KFM5480 .M53 2012. Chapter 41, Extradition and Detainers.
- Mushlin, Michael B. Rights of Prisoners. (West, 2009) Outreach Collection KF9731 .G6 2009, sections 11.27-11.40, Detainers.
- Evaluation Report: Mental Health Services In County Jails, from the State of Minnesota Office of the Legislative Auditor.
- Pro Se Prisoner Resources, from the United States District Court for the District of Minnesota. Includes Prisoner Litigation Guidebooks, information sheets and forms.
- Prisoners' Rights Treatises, from the Minnesota State Law Library.
Related Topics: Civil Rights; Habeas Corpus; Sentencing.
DISCLAIMER: As librarians and not lawyers, we can suggest resources but cannot give legal advice (such as which form to file), or legal opinions, (such as how a statute might apply to particular facts.) To do so could be considered the unauthorized practice of law. Even though we try to suggest materials that will be of help, further research is usually required to find a complete and correct answer. For many questions, the best answer may be to consult an attorney. For links to resources on finding an attorney click here.