Statutes: (Additional statutes, regulations & opinions may apply to your specific situation.)
Resources, Minnesota: (Print resources are available at the Minnesota State Law Library and in county law libraries around the state.)
- Avoiding Foreclosure, from the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- Foreclosure Resource Center, from the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- The Foreclosure Survival Guide: Keep Your House or Walk Away with Money in Your Pocket, (NOLO 2015) KF697.F6 E43 2015
- Foreclosure: The Big Picture, from Nolo.
- Home Affordable Modification Program, an official program of the United States Departments of the Treasury and Housing and Urban Development.
- Home Foreclosure and Debt Cancellation, from the United States Internal Revenue Service.
- Jasper, Margaret C. Home Mortgage Law Primer, 3rd ed. (Oceana, 2009) KF695 .F69 2009.
- Mortgage Relief Scams, from the United States Federal Trade Commission.
- OCC Consumer Tips for Avoiding Mortgage Modification Scams and Foreclosure Rescue Scams, from the United States Office of the Comptroller of the Currency.
DISCLAIMER: As librarians and not lawyers, we can suggest resources but cannot give legal advice (such as which form to file), or legal opinions, (such as how a statute might apply to particular facts.) To do so could be considered the unauthorized practice of law. Even though we try to suggest materials that will be of help, further research is usually required to find a complete and correct answer. For many questions, the best answer may be to consult an attorney. For links to resources on finding an attorney click here.