Legislative History Research
- The definitive work on the subject is the Minnesota Legislative History Guide, prepared by the Legislative Reference Library.
- Legislative Time Capsule, compiled by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Time Capsule pages consolidate important statistics and materials for each biennial session of the Legislature. Back to territorial times, you can quickly find information for each legislative session on members, bills, laws, vetoes, dates, special sessions, leadership, and more.
- Locations of Legislative History Research Materials, prepared by the Legislative Reference Library.
- Minnesota Legislative Process, KFM5821.Z9 M66 2015 Minnesota Continuing Legal Education.
- Minnesota State Law Library Legislative History CLE resources: Powerpoint Presentation and Handout.
DISCLAIMER: As librarians and not lawyers, we can suggest resources but cannot give legal advice (such as which form to file), or legal opinions, (such as how a statute might apply to particular facts.) To do so could be considered the unauthorized practice of law. Even though we try to suggest materials that will be of help, further research is usually required to find a complete and correct answer. For many questions, the best answer may be to consult an attorney. For links to resources on finding an attorney click here.