Statutes, Regulations and Rulings: (Additional statutes, regulations & opinions may apply to your specific situation.)
United States government online resources:
- A Guide to Naturalization, from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services.
- Immigration and Citizenship, from USA.gov.
- Immigration Court Listing, from the United States Department of Justice.
- Executive Office for Immigration Review, United States Department of Justice.
- EOIR Forms, from the Executive Office for Immigration Review, United States Department of Justice.
- Forms, from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services.
- Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services.
- Military, from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services.
- United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, agency website.
- United States Embassies, Consulates and Diplomatic Missions, from the United States Department of State.
- Visas, from the United States Department of State.
Resources for Attorneys:
Resources for Everyone:
- Asylum and Refugee Status, from Nolo.
- Arizona and National Immigration Crisis, a research guide from Hugh & Hazel Darling Law Library, UCLA School of Law.
- Bray, Ilona M. Becoming a U.S. Citizen: a Guide to the Law, Exam, and Interview, 5th ed. (Nolo, 2010). Self Help Collection KF4710.Z9 B73 2010.
- Bray, Ilona M. Fiancé & Marriage Visas: a Couple's Guide to U.S. Immigration, 7th ed. (Nolo, 2012). Self Help Collection KF4819.85 .B73 2012.
- Center for New Americans, Home to three dynamic dynamic clinkcs and an integrated eduation ad outreach program that offer students unparalleled, hands-on educational experiences.
- Employer Information, from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services.
- Fiance and marriage visas : a couple's guide to U.S. immigration - KF8841 .B47 2013
- Generazio, Marc R. Immigration Law: a Guide to Laws and Regulations. (American Bar Association, 2011). Self Help Collection KF4819. G46 2011.
- How to Become a U.S. Citizen, from Nolo.
- How to get a green card, Ilona Bray - NOLO - KF4840 .L49 2014.
- Immigrant Law Center of Minnesota, ILCM provides brief legal advice and full legal representation to eligible immigrants and refugees.
- Immigration/Immigrants, from LawHelpMN.org.
- Immigration Law Clinics Calendar, From LawHelpMN.org.
- Immigration Law, From Findlaw.
- Immigration law : a guide to laws and regulations / Marc R. Generazio. KF4819 .G46 2011.
- Immigration, from Wex, the Legal Encyclopedia of the Legal Information Institute at Cornell.
- Mary E. Kramer, Immigration Consequences of Criminal Activity: A Guide to Representing Foreign-Born Defendants (6th ed., AILA, 2015) KF 4819 .K73 2013.
- Kurzban's Immigration Law Sourcebook: A Comprehensive Outline and Reference Tool, 15th ed. (2016) / Ira J. Kurzban. KF4819.85 K87 2016.
- Romero, Victor C. Everyday Law for Immigrants. (Paradigm Publishers, 2009). KF4819 .R663 2009.
- U.S. Citizenship Rights for U.S. Military Personnel and Veterans, from Nolo.
- U.S. Immigration made Easy, 16th ed. - Bray, Ilona - Nolo - KF4819.85 .B72 2013.
- What Every Lawyer needs to know about Immigration Law, - KF 4819 .W52 2014.
Where to Go for Help:
DISCLAIMER: As librarians and not lawyers, we can suggest resources but cannot give legal advice (such as which form to file), or legal opinions, (such as how a statute might apply to particular facts.) To do so could be considered the unauthorized practice of law. Even though we try to suggest materials that will be of help, further research is usually required to find a complete and correct answer. For many questions, the best answer may be to consult an attorney. For links to resources on finding an attorney click here.