Election Law (Minnesota)
Statutes: (Additional statutes, regulations & opinions may apply to your specific situation.)
Resources, Minnesota: (Print resources are available at the Minnesota State Law Library and in county law libraries around the state.)
- Election Crimes and Civil Penalties in Minnesota, from the Minnesota House Research Department.
- Elections & Redistricting, from the Minnesota House Research Department.
- Elections and Voting, from the Office of the Minnesota Secretary of State.
- Forms & Applications, from the Office of the Minnesota Secretary of State.
- Give Us the Ballot: The Modern Struggle for Voting Rights in America, Ari Berman, JK1846 .B47 2015.
- How a Constitutional Amendment Is Proposed and Ratified, from the Minnesota House Research Department.
- Pirsig, Maynard E. Pirsig on Minnesota Pleading, 6th ed. (LexisNexis/Matthew Bender, 2008) Reserve Room KFM5935 .P57 2008, § 4.272, Election Contests.
Related Topics: Redistricting, Voting
DISCLAIMER: As librarians and not lawyers, we can suggest resources but cannot give legal advice (such as which form to file), or legal opinions, (such as how a statute might apply to particular facts.) To do so could be considered the unauthorized practice of law. Even though we try to suggest materials that will be of help, further research is usually required to find a complete and correct answer. For many questions, the best answer may be to consult an attorney. For links to resources on finding an attorney click here.