Contracts for Deed
Statutes: (Additional statutes, regulations & opinions may apply to your specific situation.)
Resources: (Print resources are available at the Minnesota State Law Library and in county law libraries around the state.)
- Canceling Residential Purchase Agreements and Contracts for Deed, by Larry M. Wertheim, in Lien Foreclosures in Minnesota, (Minnesota Continuing Legal Education, 2010) KFM5530.5.F6 L53 2010.
- Contracts for Deed, by Larry M. Wertheim, in Real Property Law in Minnesota, (Minnesota Continuing Legal Education, 2012) KFM5526 .R435 2012.
- Cancellation of Purchase Agreements and Contracts for Deed, by David G. Hellmuth, in Lien Foreclosures in Minnesota, (Minnesota Continuing Legal Education, 2011) KFM5530.5.F6 L53 2011.
- "Demystifying the Contract for Deed: New Legislation Aids Home Purchasers," 70 Bench and Bar of Minnesota 14 (July 2013).
- MN Find a Lawyer: How do you resolve a boundary or property line dispute?
- Graffunder, Steven M. Contract for Deed in Minnesota. (NBI, 2005) KFM5530.Z9 G72 2005.
- "Renting to Own" a Home, from LawHelpMN.org.
- Uniform Conveyancing Blanks, from the Minnesota Department of Commerce. Contract for Deed forms are found in the 30 series.
Related Topics: Contracts; Mortgage Foreclosure.
DISCLAIMER: As librarians and not lawyers, we can suggest resources but cannot give legal advice (such as which form to file), or legal opinions, (such as how a statute might apply to particular facts.) To do so could be considered the unauthorized practice of law. Even though we try to suggest materials that will be of help, further research is usually required to find a complete and correct answer. For many questions, the best answer may be to consult an attorney. For links to resources on finding an attorney click here.