Conciliation (Small Claims) Court
Statutes and Court Rules: (Additional statutes, regulations & opinions may apply to your specific situation.)
Resources: (Print resources are available at the Minnesota State Law Library and in county law libraries around the state.)
- Conciliation Court, from the Self-Help Center.
- Conciliation Court: A User's Guide to Small Claims Court from the Minnesota Attorney General's Office.
- Conciliation Court videos, from the Self-Help Center.
- General Conciliation / Small Claims Court Forms, from the Minnesota Judicial Branch.
- Going to Court in Minnesota, from LawHelpMN.org.
- How to Handle a Conciliation Court Hearing (video), from the Minnesota Judicial Branch.
- Statement of Counterclaim and Summons, from the Minnesota Judicial Branch.
- Representing Yourself in Small Claims Court, from LawHelpMN.org.
- Small Claims Court, from Nolo.
- Types of Claims Allowed in Conciliation Court, from the Fourth District (Hennepin County) courts.
- A User's Guide to Small Claims Court, by the Office of the Attorney General. Includes sample forms.
- Who may file a Conciliation Court claim, from the Minnesota Judicial Branch.
- Conciliation/Small Claims Court, from the 10th District, Washington County.
DISCLAIMER: As librarians and not lawyers, we can suggest resources but cannot give legal advice (such as which form to file), or legal opinions, (such as how a statute might apply to particular facts.) To do so could be considered the unauthorized practice of law. Even though we try to suggest materials that will be of help, further research is usually required to find a complete and correct answer. For many questions, the best answer may be to consult an attorney. For links to resources on finding an attorney click here.