Statutes and Rules: (Additional statutes, regulations & opinions may apply to your specific situation.)
Resources: (Print resources are available at the Minnesota State Law Library and in county law libraries around the state.)
- Adoption Law: Start to finish (NBI) - Born, Suzanne. KFM 5504.5 .B67 2013
- Adoption, from the Minnesota Judicial Branch, including forms.
- Adoption law handbook : practice, resources, and forms for family law professionals - Fairfax, Jennifer, KF545 .F35 2011.
- Answers to Your Questions About Adoption, from the Minn. Department of Human Services.
- InterCountry Adoption, from United States Department of State.
- Relative and Third Party Custody and Parenting Time, from LawHelpMN.org.
- The ABA Consumer Guide to Adopting a Child: Everything You Need to Know for a Successful Adoption (2016) - KF545 .K373 2016.
Related Topics: Paternity, Child Custody and Parenting Time
DISCLAIMER: As librarians and not lawyers, we can suggest resources but cannot give legal advice (such as which form to file), or legal opinions, (such as how a statute might apply to particular facts.) To do so could be considered the unauthorized practice of law. Even though we try to suggest materials that will be of help, further research is usually required to find a complete and correct answer. For many questions, the best answer may be to consult an attorney. For links to resources on finding an attorney click here.