Cooper/Sams Volunteer Ambulance Award Program
Minnesota's Cooper/Sams Volunteer Ambulance Award recognizes and rewards volunteer ambulance service personnel and provides an incentive for volunteers to enter the EMS field.
Online submission of the Credit Submission Form by the Ambulance Service: June 1, 2019- August 1, 2019
Mailed submitted of the Volunteer Award Claim Application by the individual: October 1, 2019
Earning Service Credits
A service credit is earned for one year of service, and each service credit is valued at $447.19.
Personnel are eligible to earn an annual service credit if they received no more than $7,854.00 per year in compensation from their service.
To qualify for the one-time payment, EMRs, EMTs, AEMTs, Paramedics, ambulance drivers, and ambulance service medical directors must:
- be at least 50 years of age;
- have accrued at least five service credits;
- have resigned from active volunteer service on ambulance; and
- have completed the Claim form and submitted to the EMSRB postmarked by October 1, 2019
Submission form for EMS Personnel Claiming the Award
- Cooper/Sams Volunteer Ambulance Award Claim Application - will be available August 1, 2019
This completed form must be mailed or faxed to the EMSRB office on or before October 1, 2019.
For all questions related to the Cooper/Sams Volunteer Ambulance Award Program, please contact Melody Nagy at 651-201-2802 or firstname.lastname@example.org