skip to content
Primary navigation

Phone Calls

Can I call an incarcerated person?
No. Any incarcerated individual can place calls, but only during specific times. Calls made to the facility will not be transferred to the incarcerated person. 

Do I have to pay for the phone calls?
No. Starting on July 1, 2023, all calls from an incarcerated person at Minnesota Dept. of Corrections will be at no cost to you nor the incarcerated person calling you. Minnesota Dept. of Corrections facilities will not process any pre-paid calls after this date.

Please note the guidelines below to receive Minnesota Dept. of Corrections no-cost calls:

  • You are no longer required to have an active ConnectNetwork AdvancePay account or have funds in a ConnectNetwork AdvancePay account to receive MN DOC no-cost calling with an incarcerated person.
  • You will still be required to accept the call by pressing the number “zero” (0), which is the same as you are required to do today.
  • If you have funds on your existing ConnectNetwork AdvancePay account and would like them returned to you, you can call ViaPath’s customer service number at 1-877-650-4249.
    • IMPORTANT! Closing your ConnectNetwork AdvancePay account will NOT prevent you from receiving MN DOC no cost calls.

Please note the guidelines below if you receive calls from an incarcerated person in a facility OUTSIDE of the Minnesota Dept. of Corrections:

  • If you are receiving calls from a non-MN DOC facility that ViaPath provides services to (example would be various Minnesota county facilities or out of state facilities), an active ConnectNetwork AdvancePay account with funds may be required to receive calls from those institutions.
  • To verify status or open a new ConnectNetwork AdvancePay account, you can do so by visiting ConnectNetwork or by contacting the Global Tel* Link Corporation d/b/a ViaPath Technologies’ (“ViaPath”) customer service number at 1-877-650-4249.

What if there is an emergency?
If there is a death, serious illness, or injury in an incarcerated person's family, call the facility where the incarcerated person is located and leave a message. Staff will verify the information and give the message to the incarcerated individual.

back to top