The mission of the Minnesota Correctional Facility-Red Wing is to encourage the development of healthy living and social skills. To accomplish this, we:
- Establish a culture where the dignity of residents is respected and staff demonstrate a level of care which serves as a model to others.
- Encourage residents to embrace change in the least-restrictive and safest environment possible, while continuing to protect the public and restore justice for victims.
- Develop programs tailored to meet the needs of each individual.
- Improve outcomes by using evidence-based approaches.
- Utilize community-based and family-oriented intervention strategies while emphasizing the responsibility of the resident.