Salary Range: $28.29 to $42.08 per hour; $59,070 to $87,863 per year
***Positions may be eligible for the Corrections Employee Retirement Program.***
Work Locations:Positions may occur at Minnesota Correctional Facilities located in Faribault, Lino Lakes (Twin Cities Suburbs-North), Moose Lake/Willow River, Oak Park Heights, Red Wing, Rush City, St. Cloud, Shakopee, Stillwater, and Togo.
Under general direction, provides consultation and guidance to Behavioral Health Services staff in the overall design, implementation and evaluation of psychology-based treatment programs for a facility including the establishment of program standards and policies, coordination of research and the development of training programs and credentialing standards.
Education and Licensure:
- Completion of a Doctorate in Psychology or equivalent Doctorate.
- Current licensure in Minnesota as a Licensed Psychologist (LP).
- Psychological evaluation methods sufficient to make assessments of offenders' mental, emotional, and behavioral status and to guide others in making assessments in complex cases involving multiple diagnoses.
- Psychological assessment/evaluation and treatment approaches sufficient to guide the efforts of clinical staff in the development of effective, individualized treatment plans and services.
- Standards, policies, laws, and rules relating to the delivery of psychological services.
- Psychological and research methodology sufficient to guide other clinical and Corrections staff in locating informational resources and in interpreting research results.
- Work with other professionals, psychologists, facility department heads, program evaluation staff, and community providers sufficient to achieve and maintain a high level of integration of treatment programming.
- Analyze and interpret research and issue analysis sufficient to apply and guide other professionals in the application of improved treatment methods.
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing so that the interests of offenders and the standards of the psychology profession are represented in all written documentation and in the facility's treatment policies and practices.
- Complete comprehensive psychological evaluations, including the administration and interpretation of a variety of psychological tests.
- Provide leadership and clinical direction to other mental health professionals, students and non-clinical staff.
Please note that a criminal history check will be conducted on the successful candidate for a position prior to the start date, and new employees must be fingerprinted within the first 30 days of employment.
Please visit the State Careers Website to search for current openings and apply.
Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer