Salary Range: $27.68 to $40.08 per hour ($57,796 to $83,687 per year)
Work Locations: Positions may occur at Minnesota Correctional Facilities located in Faribault, Lino Lakes (Twin Cities Suburbs-North), Moose Lake/Willow River, Oak Park Heights, Red Wing, Rush City, St. Cloud, Shakopee, Stillwater, and Togo.
Job Duties: Perform the full range of supervisory responsibilities for a staff of Corrections Officers in a designated unit or particular work shift. Coordinate all security and program functions including policy interpretation and/or development for the unit(s) supervised. May serve as the Officer in Charge of Institution.
1. Three years of experience as a Corrections Officer 3 and/or Corrections Canine Officer (work-out-of-class experience qualifies); OR
2. Two years of advanced-professional (compensation code of 10L or above in MAPE) experience with a focus on monitoring/supervising offenders/residents at the Minnesota Department of Corrections AND two years of experience as a Corrections Officer 2; OR
3. Two years of supervisory experience directing a program/unit within a correctional setting and two years of experience as a Corrections Officer 2.
Prior to referral to the hiring supervisor, your work record will be assessed to determine that you meet all of the following criteria:
1. Your current performance review(s) and your performance reviews during the last two complete fiscal years must reflect an overall satisfactory rating or higher; AND
2. You have 18 months of active work status within the last 24 months with the MN DOC; AND
3. You have no written reprimands within the last 12 months and no suspensions or greater discipline within the last 36 months; AND
4. You have demonstrated verbal communication skills sufficient to effectively interact with the public, volunteers and visitors and written communication skills sufficient to write reports, post orders, policies, instructions and operating guidelines. In addition, your leadership skills will be assessed during the probationary period at the correctional facility, based upon the job requirements.
- Completion of a two-year degree program.
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree program.
- Experience supervising offender/resident living units or corrections program services/activities/security sufficient to plan, organize and direct the work of subordinate staff in a correctional setting, including experience in conducting investigations and labor/management relations.
- At least four years of experience as a Corrections Officer 3 and/or Corrections Canine Officer (work-out-of-class experience qualifies).
- At least three years of advanced-professional (compensation code of 10L or above in MAPE) experience with a focus on monitoring/supervising offenders/residents at the Minnesota Department of Corrections.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: Integrated Conflict Management System (ICMS), Field Training Officer (FTO), training, mentoring, diversity, and/or recruitment.
- Experience in committee and/or project leadership/management.
- Experience applying or completion of training in a continuous improvement method(s), such as Lean, Six Sigma, etc.
- Training or experience in Evidence Based Practices (EBP) such as cognitive/behavioral programming, motivational interviewing, and transition from prison to community (TPC).
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer