Salary Range: $25.37 to $37.45 per hour ($52,973 to $78,196 per year)
***Positions may be eligible for the Corrections Employee Retirement Program.***
Work Locations:Positions may occur at Minnesota Correctional Facilities located in Faribault, Lino Lakes (Twin Cities Suburbs-North), Moose Lake/Willow River, Oak Park Heights, Red Wing, Rush City, St. Cloud, Shakopee, Stillwater, and Togo.
Job Duties: Under limited supervision, provide complex and sensitive therapeutic services to offenders with mental illness, including the responsibility to provide security, assessment, education, and therapeutic programming. Serve as a resource of clinical and corrections expertise to less experienced staff and assist program administrators in program evaluation and development.
• License eligible* Master's degree or higher in Psychology, Social Work, Marriage and Family, Counseling, or a related Behavioral Health/Science program.
• One year of experience providing mental health clinical services, including individual and group therapy.
• Demonstrated expertise in mental health diagnosis, evaluation, and treatment.
(*Eligible for licensure in Minnesota as a Mental Health Professional as defined by Minnesota Statute 245.462 subd. 18, clause 1-6. Applicants may be required to provide documentation of license eligibility.)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of professional, legal, and ethical standards; best practices; and community standards of care.
• Skills in verbal and written communication, including proficient documentation skills.
• Interpersonal/human relations skills.
• Basic personal computer skills.
• Ability to formulate and implement an individualized treatment plan; provide mental health treatment; and develop a continuing care plan under limited supervision.
• Ability to teach a psycho-educational course; effectively function within a multidisciplinary team; exercise sound judgement; demonstrate appropriate professional boundaries; and temporarily manage daily program operations.
Current Minnesota licensure as a Mental Health Professional.
Experience working in a correctional/secured environment.
One year experience post-Master's degree or higher (as defined above) providing mental health clinical services.
Experience providing services to clients diagnosed with serious and persistent mental illness (SPMI).
Please note that a criminal history check will be conducted on the successful candidate for a position prior to the start date, and new employees must be fingerprinted within the first 30 days of employment.
Please visit the State Careers Website to search for current openings and apply.
Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer