Information on SNAP Employment and Training Texting
In August and September 2023, the SNAP E&T program will be texting SNAP recipients in select counties to provide opportunities to participate in the SNAP Employment and Training Program. These messages will be sent via a local number and local SNAP E&T providers will be able to respond these texts individually. The Minnesota Department of Human Services and these providers will not ask for personal information.
These text messages are being sent as part of the state’s efforts to increase access to the SNAP E&T program, a free service available to SNAP recipients. This project is being led by the Department of Human Services in partnership with the United States Department of Agriculture through their project contract with Mathematica, Inc. The text messages will begin August 2023. Participation to receive text messages is voluntary and you can opt out at any time.
You can cancel the texts at any time. Just text "STOP". After you message "STOP" to us, we will send you a message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed. After this, you will no longer receive text messages from this SNAP E&T project.
As always, message and data rates may apply for any messages sent to you from us and to us from you. You may receive recurring text messages including at least two times a month. If you have any questions about your text plan or data plan, it is best to contact your wireless provider.
Terms and Conditions
Below is information related to the text messages the SNAP E&T program intends on sending you and information on how to opt-out of receiving text messages.
- Text messages may be sent to anyone in the project target population who has not opted out of receiving text messages from DHS.
- You will be responsible for any message or data charges from your service provider associated with text messaging.
- You may receive reoccurring text messages which can include at least two times a month in August and September 2023.
- You may opt-out of and stop receiving text messages from the SNAP E&T project at any time by replying with "STOP" to a text message. If you opt-out of receiving text messages from this SNAP E&T project, you will not receive further texts as part of this project.
- Opting out of SNAP E&T project texting does not opt you out of all further texting from the Department of Human Services. You may opt out of texts related to this project but continue to receive other texts such as benefit information or reminders from other programs or areas within DHS.
- You are under no obligation to receive text messages from the SNAP E&T program, and if you decide to opt out of receiving text messages, this will not affect your benefits or services.
- The SNAP E&T programs will keep secure any information we have. Your name and telephone number will only be viewed by authorized SNAP E&T state and provider staff, the texting provider, and USDA-contracted project staff. A complete notice of our privacy practices is available at https://edocs.dhs.state.mn.us/lfserver/Public/DHS-3979-ENG.
- The SNAP E&T program may discontinue sending you text messages at any time.
- The cell phone carrier and DHS is not liable for any delayed or undelivered messages.
How to contact us with questions
Please contact the Minnesota Department of Human Services at 651-431-3847.