skip to content
Primary navigation

Substance abuse help paying for treatment

People who qualify can get help paying for substance abuse treatment through their local county office. Federal, state and county governments put money into a Consolidated Chemical Dependency Treatment Fund so that Minnesotans with low income can get needed treatment.

You can qualify for help if you meet clinical requirements and:

  • Meet the annual income limit for your household size (amounts below effective Jan. 1 - June 30, 2014)
Household size People 18 or older People under 18 Pregnant women
1 $15,281 $31,597 N/A
2 $20,628 $42,652 $43,117
3 $25,974 $53,707 $54,293
4 $31,321 $64,762 $65,469
Add for each additional person $5,346 $11,055 $11,175

or if you:

  • Meet eligibility guidelines for Medical Assistance, Minnesota Supplemental Aid or Supplemental Security Income and:
  • Have no other insurance or third party that will pay 100 percent of the cost of treatment, based on your assessment.

Contact your county social services or tribal office to see if you qualify. The first step is to get a Rule 25 assessment.

back to top