Drug - Moderiba™ (ribavirin) [AbbVie Inc.]
Therapeutic area - Hepatitis C
Patients can not take metoclopramide oral tablets or oral solution.
FDA approved indication
- Patient must have a diagnosis of hepatitis C AND
- Prescriber must documentation of genotype (to determine length of treatment) AND
- Prescriber must provide a compelling reason why generic ribavirin cannot be used
- Genotype 1, 4 = 48 weeks of therapy
- Genotype 2, 3 = 24 weeks of therapy
- HIV coinfection = 48 weeks of therapy
Moderiba™ (ribavirin, USP) is a nucleoside analogue indicated for the treatment of chronic hepatitis C (CHC) virus infection in combination with peginterferon alfa-2a in adults with compensated liver disease not previously treated with interferon alpha, and in CHC patients coinfected with HIV.
MHCP Provider Call Center 651-431-2700 or 800-366-5411