Drug - Extina® (ketoconazole) 2% foam [Stiefel Labs]
Therapeutic area - Dermatology
Extina is indicated for the topical treatment of seborrheic dermatitis in patients 12 years of age and older.
ketoconazole foam 2% for topical use
- Patients have seborrheic dermatitis AND
- Patients have not had adequate response to topical terbinafine or topical sodium sulfacetamide AND
- Patient or caregiver CAN NOT use a ketoconazole cream (for body) or shampoo (for scalp) formulation and the physician or pharmacist provides rationale for use of a foam formulation AND
- Patient or caregiver is made aware that Extina Foam is flammable and special precautions are required during its handling
Extina Foam Information for Patients
- Do not spray Extina Foam near fire or direct heat. Never throw the can into a fire, even if the can is empty.
- Store the can of Extina Foam at room temperature, 68° to 77°F (20°-25°C). Do not place the Extina Foam can in the refrigerator or freezer.
- Keep the Extina Foam can away from all sources of fire and heat. Do not leave the Extina Foam can in direct sunlight.
- Do not smoke while holding the Extina Foam can or while spraying or applying the foam.
MHCP Provider Call Center 651-431-2700 or 800-366-5411