Provider developed quality improvement projects must address one or more of the following goals:
- Deliver quality services more efficiently while using savings to enhance services for the people served
- Improve quality of life of home and community-based service recipients in a meaningful way
- Improve quality of services in a measurable way.
Providers may choose how to accomplish their goals and design plans that meet their organization's unique needs. This requirement encourages providers to:
- Improve on the good work they are already doing and
- Foster a collaborative community around service improvement.
Quality improvement submissions
The 2015 Web-based Quality Improvement Tool is available for providers to submit their 2015 quality improvement project plans related to the 1% quality add-on. Refer to The Quality Improvement Tool Guide in the resources below for instructions on how to complete the tool.
Please note that this tool is updated for the July 1, 2015, 1% quality add-on. We will accept only projects submitted on or after July 1, 2015, towards the 1% rate increase.
Providers that do not submit a plan through the online tool by December 31, 2015 may have one-half of one percent of Medical Assistance revenues recouped.
If you previously submitted a plan through the online Quality Improvement Tool, you must either submit an update to the ongoing work or a new quality improvement plan.
Quality improvement resources
The HCBS Quality Improvement website supports providers to develop meaningful quality improvement projects. Find a toolbox of resources, sample projects, strategies and more for all phases of the quality improvement process.
E-mail questions to email@example.com