skip to content
Primary navigation

Great Start Compensation Support Transition Grants Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

The Great Start Compensation Support Payment Program is a new program designed to support the child care industry and child care workers. Similar to the Child Care Stabilization Grant Program, this new program will issue monthly payments to eligible child care providers to fund increases in compensation and benefits for early educators working in eligible programs.

If you need assistance in a language other than English, please use the resources below:

  • Si necesita ayuda para comprender esta carta, comuníquese con Rocio Sosa,, 651-641-6660
  • Hadaad ubaahantahay caawimaad fahanka warqadan, fadlan la xiriir Abdulkadir Warsame,, 651-641-6673
  • Yog tias koj xav tau kev pab nkag siab tsab ntawv no, thov hu rau Ka Youa Vang,, 651-366-6792

Child Care Aware of Minnesota will use Language Line Services for languages other than Spanish, Hmong, and Somali. They can be reached by phone at 651-290-9704 or by email at

Below are answers to frequently asked questions regarding Great Start Compensation Support Transition Grants.

Section 1: Eligibility and application process

Section 2: General questions about Transition Grants

Section 3: Calculating full-time equivalents (FTEs)

Section 4: Requirements and allowable uses of funds

Section 5: Receiving Transition Grant payments

Section 6: Security, privacy and fraud protection

Section 7: Support and communication

back to top