Information on P-EBT text messages
Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT) is a temporary food benefit available to Minnesota families with children who would have received free or reduced-price meals if schools were open.
The Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS) will send one-way text messages via a toll-free number of 1-855-965-0703 to inform households they will be receiving P-EBT benefits. The Minnesota Department of Human Services will not ask for personal information.
The text messages will begin March 2021 and may reoccur through September 2021. Participation to receive text messages is voluntary.
Sample text message:
The Department of Human Services invites you to get texts with important notices about your benefits.
If you do not want to receive messages, please reply with STOP.
You can cancel the texts at any time. Just text "STOP". The text message will be sent from 1-855-965-0703. After you message "STOP" to us, we will send you a message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed. After this, you will no longer receive text messages from us. If you want to join again, submit the request through the P-EBT Help Form.
If you are experiencing issues with the messaging program, you can reply with the keyword “HELP” for more assistance, or you can get help directly at DHS.SNAP.SpecialProjects@state.mn.us or 651-431-4608 or 1-833-454-0153.
Carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
As always, message and data rates may apply for any messages sent to you from us and to us from you. You may receive recurring text messages including at least three times a month. If you have any questions about your text plan or data plan, it is best to contact your wireless provider.
Terms and Conditions
The P-EBT program as necessary will send you text messages about your P-EBT benefits, unless you decide to opt-out of receiving text messages. Below is information related to the text messages the P-EBT program intends on sending you and information on how to opt-out of receiving text messages.
- Text messages will be sent to anyone approved for P-EBT benefits who provided the Minnesota Department of Education with an active cell phone number.
- The P-EBT program will send you text messages to communicate with you about your benefits and other important information about P-EBT benefits.
- You will be responsible for any message or data charges from your service provider associated with text messaging.
- You may receive reoccurring text messages which can include at least three times a month.
- The text messages you receive from the P-EBT program may contain private information. You are responsible for protecting the information on your phone.
- You may opt-out of and stop receiving text messages from the P-EBT program at any time by replying with "STOP" to a text message or contacting the P-EBT Call Center at 651-431-4608 or 1-833-454-0153. If you opt-out of receiving text messages from the P-EBT program, you will not receive additional messages from the P-EBT program unless you submit a request to opt-in again using the P-EBT Help Form.
- You are under no obligation to receive text messages from the P-EBT program, and if you decide to opt out of receiving text messages, this will not affect your benefits or services.
- If you opt-out of receiving text messages from the P-EBT program, and do not have an email submitted to the Minnesota Department of Education, the P-EBT program will contact you by mail. For updates on the P-EBT program visit the P-EBT webpage or FAQ webpage.
- The P-EBT program will keep secure any information we have. Your name and telephone number will only be viewed by P-EBT staff and the P-EBT texting provider. A complete notice of our privacy practices is available at https://edocs.dhs.state.mn.us/lfserver/Public/DHS-3979-ENG.
- The P-EBT program may discontinue sending you text messages at any time. The P-EBT program may also need to call you or communicate with you in writing, including by email if an email address was provided to the Minnesota Department of Education.
- The cell phone carrier is not liable for any delayed or undelivered messages.
How to contact us with questions
Please contact the Minnesota Department of Human Services at 651-431-4608, 1-833-454-0153 or DHS.SNAP.SpecialProjects@state.mn.us.