skip to content
Primary navigation

News stories

News releases are retained on the Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS) website for one year. Copies of older news releases may be requested from the Communications Office. Subscribe to news releases from DHS via email.

Meeting set for parents of youth with autism

New state benefit focus of first of quarterly meetings

4/12/2017 11:19:14 AM

For media inquiries only
Sarah Berg
Parents of children or young adults under age 21 with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) or a related condition are invited to a parents meeting hosted by the Minnesota Department of Human Services from 10 a.m. to noon Friday, April 21, at the Brooklyn Park Public Library, 8500 W. Broadway, Brooklyn Park. The meeting will be held in the Mississippi Room. The meeting room is accessible and the library has free parking.
The meeting will focus on the Early Intensive Developmental and Behavioral Intervention (EIDBI) benefit for children and young adults under age 21 with ASD and related conditions. The benefit, introduced in 2015, offers medically necessary, individualized and intensive treatment services for children and young adults with ASD and related conditions who are eligible for or enrolled in Medical Assistance or MinnesotaCare.
“We want more Minnesota families to be aware of the opportunities of this benefit, which was designed to address in a comprehensive way effects of ASD and related conditions for the youth and the family,” said Claire Wilson, DHS assistant commissioner for Community Supports.
This meeting is the first of proposed quarterly meetings in the state for parents to:
  • Hear information about the EIDBI benefit from DHS staff
  • Get answers to their questions about the EIDBI benefit
  • Tell DHS staff about challenges and successes related to the EIDBI benefit 
  • Provide input on various topics related to the administration, implementation, or improvement of the EIDBI benefit.
Anyone who needs a reasonable accommodation to participate in the meeting should email and say what type of accommodation you need.
back to top