skip to content
Primary navigation

Certifying license-exempt centers to participate in child care assistance: FAQs

The 2017 Minnesota Legislature enacted changes to bring Minnesota into compliance with the federal Child Care and Development Block Grant. As part of this effort, license-exempt centers that participate in Minnesota's Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) will need to be certified by the Minnesota Department of Human Services. License-exempt centers that do not receive CCAP payments do not need to be certified. Below are frequently asked questions about the certification process.

FAQs about certification

FAQs about background studies

back to top